LG Android products suddenly bricking?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have had an LG G Watch for 3 years, and an LG Nexus 5X for 2 years. Both were working just fine for so long. However, earlier this week both just bricked in a gap of 24 hours. Display is off. Hard reset not doing anything. No LED indicator when charging. Tried charging overnight and hard reset too. No signs of life at all.

There are other Android devices in the house - Pixel 2 and Samsung S8+ - which are working just fine. What are the odds that suddenly my LG Android devices will brick and that too together? Are others experiencing a surge with LG Android devices as well?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Very long odds, but not impossible. What are the odds that a Pixel 2 will soft-brick from an update - then the replacement does the same thing at the next update? But mine did.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! LG had a string of phones with significant hardware issues, starting with the LG G3 and G4, and including the Nexus 5X (mostly with bootloops, but what you're describing is also not surprising). The G Watch failing is probably more of a coincidence -- it may be that its battery has finally failed. Remember, most batteries start to deteriorate significantly after 400-500 full charge cycles, so if you've been using your G Watch on a daily basis, that means it's well beyond that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89