Can I remove lock screen with smart lock still active?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a note 8 with a gear s3 frontier, I have the s3 as a trusted device, but when I wake up my phone I still have the lock screen that requires a swipe to get into my phone. I'm wanting to remove that.
I want it to be like there's no lock at all while my s3 is connected.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately you can't. Onky option is to bypass that with a long press of the home button. If the phone was locked it would immediately ask for a password or start scanning irises... With the device unlocked this would go directly to your home screen.

Mrkrowely

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site
I don't think you fully understand what I'm asking...

When s3 is NOT connected to my phone I have to input a pattern.

When s3 IS connected I don't have to input a pattern because of smart lock.

But when s3 IS connected, even though I do NOT have to input the pattern, it still has the lock screen that requires a swipe after waking my phone.

When I don't have a lock or anything and I wake my phone it immediately goes to the last thing I had on screen or the home screen, without any swipe screen. I want this same effect when smart lock is on and activated by my s3 being connected. Is there any way to achieve this?

This screen shot is the screen I wish to remove when smart lock is active.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180415-233134_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180415-233134_Chrome.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I do understand what you're saying, and like I said, there is no way (in stock) to get rid of that extra step when using Smart Lock. The only way to do it is through the Always On Display by long-pressing the home button. Waking up the phone with the power button while using Smart Lock will still display that extra swipe screen (unless the display timed out and didn't lock the phone, in which case, Smart Lock wouldn't really be active and using the power button to turn the screen back on would go to the last app/content that was open).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez