Phone took a screenshot by itself?

luluk

Apr 23, 2018
Visit site
ok so i turned my phone on to use a certain app which i have used and has no purpose in accessing my camera. anyway as soon as i opened the app my phone looked as though it had taken a screenshot. there is no way i could have done it because to do so i would specifically have to press 2 different buttons one on each side of the phone and half the time when i try this i wind up pressing a wrong one anyway. so i looked in my phone gallery for the pic and its not there. so my question is where did this screenshot go cause i would think it had to have gone somewhere and why would my ohone do that because i dont think phones just do things by themselves. at least i didnt think they did but with this new technology maye my phone is smarter than i thought and its actually planning to rule the world or something? just kidding- but serious on the question......i have a galaxy s8 if that makes a difference.

luluk

Apr 23, 2018
Visit site
hi ok i checked to see if it waa on and it is so i tried it and of course it worked but there is a difference i noticed. first the picture is in my gallery. second my phone "acted" as it should if i were to take a screen shot-it gave me options on screen to edit or trash etc.....the other did not. it only flashed the screen like it was taking a screenshot picture but no options no nothing just the capture action. hope this makes scence??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you hear the screenshot sound? If not, I wonder if it was just some glitch in the app you opened, and it wasn't really a screenshot being taken.

Ahsan18111

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
Same thing is happening. I get a screenshot like effect like a screenshot is being taken everytime i open a certain app. But there is no screenshot and nothing in gallery. I own a galaxy s8

rwayne22

Sep 6, 2018
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my galaxy note 8. I was out of town on vacation when I first noticed it, had added a couple parking lot apps. Also running Norton Security and Good For Enterprise. Screen "squeezes" for a second like it does when taking a screen shot, but I didn't initiate it, and there's nothing in the Gallery. Does not seem to be tied to running a specific app, seems random. Getting ready to factory reset my phone if I can't find a cause.

rebelchic10

Mar 31, 2019
Visit site
My note 5 just did this.. the way I found the pic was using ES file explorer... it's been happening alot apparently... I'm not happy and am wondering which app is doing this...

My phone has been secretly taking screenshots every time I open it, the screen flashes. I feel like it's taking pictures with my camera or screenshots.

I wonder if anyone has discovered why this is happening. For me, it didn't start happening until after I installed the last 2 security updates that surprisingly were a day apart of each other.

Eddyq

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I have an S8 and I'm getting random screenshots too. I have checked the swipe setting and it is turned off. It is not some particular app. Most recently it has happened looking at a video and also got a screenshot of me using the calculator.

owl82

Jun 5, 2019
Visit site
I have an S8 and I'm getting random screenshots too. I have checked the swipe setting and it is turned off. It is not some particular app. Most recently it has happened looking at a video and also got a screenshot of me using the calculator.

I have noticed this ever since my phone updated a couple weeks ago. S8 Plus on new android 9. This is very suspicious behavior and being the IT guy I am I dug through my phone settings. All camera access to apps is set to denied, no motion gestures enabled either. I have this happening almost every time I unlock my device.

Here is my concern. There are many people experiencing this same problem and it is unlikely a coincidence. It is more likely something Google has added this as a hidden feature in android 9 or a new feature in 9 that is causing a Samsung app to misbehave. This seems very nefarious to me and I think anyone having this problem should be very concerned, these tech companies have a track record of stealing data from people and using it for their own benefit. It is very likely that this was supposed to be a hidden feature and it is not working as they intended, lucky for us or we may have never known this was happening.

Talk to your friends and tell them to get on here and post if they are having the same problem. Alone we are nothing to these companies, together we are a voice that cannot be ignored.

Jusagi

Jun 16, 2019
Visit site
I've recently noticed my phone doing the same thing. At first I ignored the sudden flashes, I thought maybe it was a small bug or something but it's been doing that more at random times now. Normally when I take screenshots, it will notify me that I did so but this just flashes and hastily minimizes.
I'm certing it's a screenshot but it does it really really fast.

I use a razer phone 2

Sep 2, 2019
Visit site
I have a galaxy 9. Same problem, I go on certain apps and the screen flashes as if it's copying what's on my screen. Even weirder I was on FB looking at a group page and certain posts would light up, like just the box surrounding individual posts instead of the whole screen. Something is strange.

LaVozDelPueblo

Dec 12, 2019
Visit site
Man, im with this guy... very well said i agree with everything you commented. Its not normal, right, nor should it be legal. Though we may not ever put a complete end to it i truly hope we can find one of the sources wether anxxxxx or goxxxx.

owl82
Originally Posted by Eddyq
I have noticed this ever since my phone updated a couple weeks ago. S8 Plus on new android 9. This is very suspicious behavior and being the IT guy I am I dug through my phone settings. All camera access to apps is set to denied, no motion gestures enabled either. I have this happening almost every time I unlock my device.

Here is my concern. There are many people experiencing this same problem and it is unlikely a coincidence. It is more likely something Google has added this as a hidden feature in android 9 or a new feature in 9 that is causing a Samsung app to misbehave. This seems very nefarious to me and I think anyone having this problem should be very concerned, these tech companies have a track record of stealing data from people and using it for their own benefit. It is very likely that this was supposed to be a hidden feature and it is not working as they intended, lucky for us or we may have never known this was happening.

Talk to your friends and tell them to get on here and post if they are having the same problem. Alone we are nothing to these companies, together we are a voice that cannot be ignored........ You are right!(la voz)

man i sure had to revise my comment alot of times till they saw fit.smh

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana