My S8's battery is crap now

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It runs out in about 2-3 hrs of normal use. What should I do? I was wondering how hard it would be to order a s8 battery and replace it myself? PS. I gotta have this phone for another year and a half. I am in Hawaii. I searched on Google and found TCAWireless and few other places as few good stores. Should I go? Please help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you draw the battery down close to 9% every time, you're lucky to get a month out of it, so a year wouldn't be bad for a mistreated battery. You should keep it between 80% (maximum charge) and 40% (30% if you really need to) for longest life. (Lithium is light and small, it's not the best material to make a battery from - but you don't want a 2 pound Gel-cell for a 5 ounce phone that's larger than the phone.)

Should you replace it yourself? That depends on how many cellphones you've worked on. If it's less than 6 that you've successfully opened with a heat gun and put back together, the answer is no. (You can try - but you'll probably end up buying a new phone before you're done. And Samsung [YouBreakIFix if you're in the US] doesn't charge that much for a battery replacement.)