No "Home & App Drawer option on new LG Stylo 3

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just got a new phoneto replace one that was destroyed. Phone 1 (that was destroyed) and phone 2 (new phone) are both LG Stylo 3. Phone 1 had an option under "Home" for "Home and App Drawer. Phone 2 does not have this option. Under "Home" the only option is "Home"...I want my "Home & App Drawer" back. How?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look for the Home & App Drawer app in a file manager. If it's there, go to Settings/Apps and look for Home. Open that and look for Defaults. Clear the default. Hit the Home button and you should be asked which launcher you want to use. Choose Home & App Drawer. (You nay have to do it again to be able to choose to Always use it.)

krinkls

Jun 25, 2018
Visit site
Look for the Home & App Drawer app in a file manager. If it's there, go to Settings/Apps and look for Home. Open that and look for Defaults. Clear the default. Hit the Home button and you should be asked which launcher you want to use. Choose Home & App Drawer. (You nay have to do it again to be able to choose to Always use it.)

i tried that and it still doesnt have the option to change the home screen any other way to fix this??

LylaLane

Sep 6, 2018
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem with my 2nd Stylo 3. First Stylo 3 had option to change back to the classic app drawer in the settings. Broke that one and just picked up a replacement Stylo 3 today and apparently changing it back is no longer an option? Id love to know how to fix this- I do NOT like the new home option at all. I tried updating all the apps- that didnt work. I even tried finding it on play store, which of course I can't. I remember having to download it once I selected it before- but it just did it automatically so I never paid attention to what it was called... Why in the world would they remove the ability to switch it back?? So stupid.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem with my 2nd Stylo 3. First Stylo 3 had option to change back to the classic app drawer in the settings. Broke that one and just picked up a replacement Stylo 3 today and apparently changing it back is no longer an option? Id love to know how to fix this- I do NOT like the new home option at all. I tried updating all the apps- that didnt work. I even tried finding it on play store, which of course I can't. I remember having to download it once I selected it before- but it just did it automatically so I never paid attention to what it was called... Why in the world would they remove the ability to switch it back?? So stupid.
Welcome to the forums. Have you already tried looking for that option using the search feature in the general settings? Open settings - tap the magnifying glass top right - type 'drawer' and see which options you get. If it doesn't work you could try using a custom launcher, like Nova, to get this feature back.

LylaLane

Sep 6, 2018
Visit site
Yeah, I figured out the problem, let me explain:
The phone i recently got (9-6-18) was a replacement for one (bought 5-20-18) that i broke. When i got the previous one, the default setting was the "home" screen without the app drawer, but all I had to do was go to settings>home screen>select home> and then there was an option to download the 'home & app drawer' setting.

When i got the replacement, like I said before, that option wasnt there. All it said was 'home' under the home selector option; only 1 to choose from so simply nothing to be able to search for. I checked the play store, checked for updates, came here, you name it. I got to reading about it and what I found out was that these phones originally didnt come with the home & app drawer option at all- like I suspected, that was added with an update. There are tons of that particular update for the many variations, each a little different so I couldn't figure out which I needed to just download it manually. So anyways, after trying to figure this out for awhile & reaching a point of needing to do heavy research, I went back and looked again to see (since it had then been online for awhile) if updates were showing up yet and bingo- they were. It showed 8 available, one of them being the one which added the home & app drawer option. Once the update completed I just had to go back to settings-home screen-home selector again and choose home & app drawer.

To anyone else having this issue: I'm guessing the phone I had previously must have been manufactured after the update went live since it came with it. My new phone must have been older since it wasnt already updated with the patch and since the installed apps needed a gazillion updates too, I'm assuming that the apps updated first before the system checked for updates. Apparently I must have looked too quickly. Soooo, just be patient! After being online for awhile & apps having time to update, go to settings>about phone>update center and it will be listed there!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87