Microphone for Google assistant on Android TV Box

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
I have an Android TV Box (h96 pro+) but it has no microphone. It has Android 7.1, and Google assistant, but I can't ask him anything. It has no AUX port. Only USB, SPDIF and HDMI ports. I have tried with an bluetooth speaker with microphone but that doesn't work. What can I do? I want Google assistant work when I walk into my room and say 'ok Google, turn the lights on'. Can anyone help? Thx!

Yipy

YipyYayee

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site

Hi,
I have an Android TV Box (h96 pro+) but it has no microphone. It has Android 7.1, and Google assistant, but I can't ask him anything. It has no AUX port. Only USB, SPDIF and HDMI ports. I have tried with an bluetooth speaker with microphone but that doesn't work. What can I do? I want Google assistant work when I walk into my room and say 'ok Google, turn the lights on'. Can anyone help? Thx!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I merged your duplicate threads.

Open your Google app, tap Menu>Settings, then see if the TV box is listed under Devices. If so, tap it, then Other Hands-Free Settings, and make sure "For Bluetooth Devices" is turned on.

Aryo Soe

Jul 26, 2018
Visit site
In theory, when the usb port available we can use bluetooth receiver and connect with bt headset, but how to set the microphone as input of voice command, i'd never try yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy