Why am I seeing used Samsung message on google activity

utterchaosx4

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
My boyfriend and I share a google account and I’ve noticed that used Samsung message has been popping up a lot on the google activity log and it’s not matching texts sent or received via our phone carrier. I’ve looked for text apps on his phone, but nothing. Please help. I can’t figure out where they are coming from

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? If it's a Samsung phone, it's likely the stock messaging app. Just because it shows up on your activity list doesn't mean you're actively sending texts. It might mean that it was accessing your Google account in order to sync data.

utterchaosx4

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
My boyfriend has a galaxy s8active. We’ve gotten in fights over it because it says it in blk and white and I read a lot of forums that said it was google chat or another texting app. I want to believe him, but this really freaked me out. Thank you by the way

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not a good idea to use the Google activity list to get an idea of what someone is doing on their phone. Apps can access the Google account at various times, regardless of whether or not the person is actively using them.

We also strongly discourage looking through another person's phone or account without their permission, even if it's a significant other's.