Charge My Phones

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Have the AT&T 5044R and the HTC 526. Want full charge within one hour for both of them charging a the same time. What charger can do this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your device... First of all, does it support Fast Charging and if so, does it support full charge in under an hour? (Quickly looking at the models, I'm gonna go on a limb and say NO).

It really boils down to the max power the phone can 'take' from the charger. Once you figure that out, you need to find a charger that supports either Fast Charging on both ports or the full total wattage needed for the two devices (if they charge under an hour with 'normal' charging).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Without getting too deep into the weeds, I'm going to guess no phone can be fully charged in an hour, unless you're starting with a battery with a fair bit of charge in it already. As they get full, the charge level slows to prevent damage, which means the initial charging would have to be much faster than a regular Li-ion/Lipo can handle to make up the time difference.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Neither one is capable of quick charge of any sort.

2. How long it takes to charge a battery depends on the state of charge when you start. If you're at 70% and charging to 90%, that's easy. If you're at 0% it's not possible to (safely) charge a Lithium battery in 1 hour - you'd have to charge it at about 1.25C (in other words 125% of the battery's capacity), and 1C is the fastest safe charge.

So I'd say "no charger", unless you're starting with a fair amount of charge still in the battery - then any charger with 2 ports that can each supply the maximum amount of power each phone will draw. (The phone determines how much it draws, the charger doesn't. Even with quick charge, the phone and charger "communicate" - the phone says "this is the maximum I can accept". If the charger can supply it, it does. If not, it says "this is the maximum I can supply". Then it does and the phone is set to accept that charge. But it's still the phone that makes the final determination.)