Can I get band 14 on a Tmobile Note 9

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Tmobile carrier model Note 9. I am looking to switch to the AT&T Firstnet system, as I just found out about it. Using *#2263# method I noticed there is no band 14 option which Firstnet relies heavily on. So my question is if I use the tmobile unlock device app will it open up additional bands? If not, is att able to flash it someway to open up band 14?

Thanks in advance for any info!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Looking at the specs (https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note9-9163.php) there's no indication that the band 14 in the spec list is on any specific model. The assumption then is that it's on all models.

Specifically - which model do you have? Looking through the linked specs page, the SM-N960U (the US model) supports band 14. It's possible that code only shows you bands that are enabled by the SIM card currently installed.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Band 14 is in the US version, which is most likely what TMO is using (if you bought it in the US). If you bought it from TMO outside of North America, there's no Band 14.

If it doesn't have Band 14, there's nothing you can do - it needs a North American motherboard. If you bought it in the US, the chances are that it's just the option that's missing, not Band 14 itself.

Unlocking merely allows it to use a SIM that's not TMO (or one of its MVNOs, which Firstnet isn't, so the phone will have to be unlocked).

kd8ati

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't have Band 14, there's nothing you can do - it needs a North American motherboard. If you bought it in the US, the chances are that it's just the option that's missing, not Band 14 itself.

Unlocking merely allows it to use a SIM that's not TMO (or one of its MVNOs, which Firstnet isn't, so the phone will have to be unlocked).

Thanks for the reply gentlemen. I am the OP. It is a phone bought directly from TMobile model N960U. Rukbat you mentioned that it is an option that is missing. Is this an option that att activates or is activated when an att sim card is put in the phone?

I guess my ultimate question is can I turn on band 14, or can att?

I attached a pic of the list of bands the phone says I currently have for reference .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190130-183941_Service mode RIL.jpg
    Screenshot_20190130-183941_Service mode RIL.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress