Recently when attempting to share a screen shot, I'm given a popup of "unfortunately screen capture has stopped working"

It happens both immediately after taken & also when opening through my gallery.

Google search hasn't given me any help. I haven't recently downloaded any new apps.
    02-10-2019 04:59 PM
    I'd mention the phone if I were you.
    02-10-2019 05:06 PM
    Recently when attempting to share a screen shot, I'm given a popup of "unfortunately screen capture has stopped working"

Google search hasn't given me any help. I haven't recently downloaded any new apps.

Phone is a Samsung s7
    02-10-2019 06:20 PM
    It sounds like the app is locked by something. I would do a few things, first I would force stop the app. You can do this in settings>applications and notifications>applications find the app and force stop it. Then while you're there clear the cache and delete the data. This won't delete any photos or anything it's just a way of getting rid of junk. Then I would clear the defaults for this app. You may not have any, honestly I can't think of any app that would request to have screen capture as a default but if the option is available I would do it. At worst the next time you run the app it will ask if you want to make this the default. Then try to use the screen capture. If that fails then I would do a partition wipe, which won't wipe any data but it will clear out nooks and crannies that you just can't reach any other way. You'll have to boot into your Bootloader menu for this and you should be able to find the instructions for this online.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-10-2019 09:51 PM
    duplicate threads merged
    02-11-2019 12:04 PM

Hey !
    I had the exact same problem and nothing helped, I also tried to do what VidJunky suggested and it didn't solve it either.

But I found a solution, apparently it was crashing because of the Facebook app, removing the app solved it for me.
    VidJunky likes this.
    04-13-2019 09:46 AM
    Hey !
    I had the exact same problem and nothing helped, I also tried to do what VidJunky suggested and it didn't solve it either.

But I found a solution, apparently it was crashing because of the Facebook app, removing the app solved it for me.
    I've always said Facebook is pure evil... Lol
    04-13-2019 01:05 PM