I just got a new phone and auto correct isn't really working. It never automatically fixes words I misspell. Even simple ones aren't being fixed. My old phone also uses Google keyboard and spell checker and always fixed words without me having to do it manually. So, the more I make mistakes and manually fix them will it learn to just do it on its own?
    02-20-2019 05:50 PM
    I know some keyboard apps to claim to learn and adapt, but not all of them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-20-2019 05:51 PM
    That will depend on the phone and the keyboard. They are meant to learn and adapt technically. In my experience they're dumber than my very early Ericsson and Nokia devices which would remember sentences and would offer them when I typed the first word.
    My SwiftKey keyboard will correct words I type, I reject the corrected word and type again and the stupid thing will offer the same word again!! Over and over! It drives me to distraction! The Google one is better but it's hard to get punctuations...
    02-20-2019 05:58 PM
    Check your keyboard settings to see that you have the auto-correct feature turned on. (This is the first thing I turn off on every new phone.)

Most keyboards support both auto-correct and word prediction, both of which can be turned on/off individually.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-20-2019 09:12 PM