New Lock Screen?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have used fingerprint to unlock my Moto Z2 Force for a long time. Now, after using the fingerprint to unlock, a "slide to unlock" screen shows up that has a clock, weather, search bar, links to "Hot Apps", "WhatsApp", "Clear RAM", etc, and an ad.

Is this something new that Google rolled out with their last app update? I didn't see anything in the release notes. I'd rather not have an extra step to unlock my phone. Kinda defeats the purpose of using the fingerprint.

How can I make this go away? (I have a screen shot, but don't know if I can post it, here).

EggsZ

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
Installed apps was the first place I checked. Came up blank for something like I'm seeing. I'm going to reboot the phone and check the recent services and see if that provides a clue. Ugh. This is just retarded lol

Thanks again, Javier P!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Installed apps was the first place I checked. Came up blank for something like I'm seeing. I'm going to reboot the phone and check the recent services and see if that provides a clue. Ugh. This is just retarded lol

Thanks again, Javier P!
Remember to sort the installed apps by last used, right after getting the ad.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

EggsZ

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
I found the culpret and terminated it with extreme prejudice. It was a qr code reader I had installed yesterday. Odd thing was, the app wasn't showing up in Settings --> Apps. Nor, was it showing up in my hidden apps (via Nova). I searched on the Playstore until I found the one I had installed, and removed it. A perusal of the app's reviews confirms. Bottom line, avoid "Coreader". Thanks again for your help!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I found the culpret and terminated it with extreme prejudice. It was a qr code reader I had installed yesterday. Odd thing was, the app wasn't showing up in Settings --> Apps. Nor, was it showing up in my hidden apps (via Nova). I searched on the Playstore until I found the one I had installed, and removed it. A perusal of the app's reviews confirms. Bottom line, avoid "Coreader". Thanks again for your help!
Excellent! Glad you managed to find the culprit and stop those annoying ads. We've had a few reports about QR code scanners pushing full screen ads. Better use the stock apps for this feature, no need to download a third party app.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This one?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qrcorde.scan.barcode.reader.generator

Most reviews report the same issues you had. Please, leave your own review and help other people to avoid this kind of annoying and useless apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa