Galaxy s6+ remains locked, even with correct pin. Firstly fingerprint scan didn't respond, so I tried pin. There is a pause then it takes me to (can't remember name of screen) my background pic, with alerts listed, ie, missed call, pic successfully downloaded, etc. If I select an alert, it takes me straight to the pin screen again. It does not say pin incorrect, just goes to that screen. Can't power off or restart, as it asks for pin...

Is there a hard power off? I tried holding the power button down to no avail
    04-19-2019 04:12 AM
    Welcome.

Try holding Power and Volume Down to simulate a battery pull.
    04-19-2019 04:38 AM
    Hi Belodian, tried it, even tried it for 15seconds, nothing happened. Even did 'power' and 'volume up', and just added another screenshot message to the screen!

Also, what is battery pull...to try and drain it?
    04-19-2019 05:48 AM
    Yes. On phones without removable batteries, a simulated pull can be done. Removing and reinserting the battery sometimes fixes stubborn problems.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-19-2019 08:14 AM
    Galaxy s6+ remains locked, even with correct pin. Firstly fingerprint scan didn't respond, so I tried pin. There is a pause then it takes me to (can't remember name of screen) my background pic, with alerts listed, ie, missed call, pic successfully downloaded, etc. If I select an alert, it takes me straight to the pin screen again. It does not say pin incorrect, just goes to that screen. Can't power off or restart, as it asks for pin...

Is there a hard power off? I tried holding the power button down to no avail
    If your sign into your Samsung account
    Go to Findmymobile.samsung.com
    And can unlock your phone remotely
    04-19-2019 08:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You may have to press and hold Power and Vol Down together for longer -- maybe 20-30 seconds. And time it by looking at a clock or your watch, since 20-30 seconds is actually a pretty long time to hold the buttons down for.
    belodion likes this.
    04-19-2019 04:10 PM
    Yes, hold until it happens. There's no reason to give up at 15s. I generally assume half a minute, but however long it takes.
    04-19-2019 06:46 PM