How can I transfer files on my Android home screen to another device?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an Acer Iconia with Jellybean and I need to transfer two games no longer available in the Play Store from it to my new Acer with Nougat. I am aware that there is no file directory for Android home files like there is the desktop for a PC. Is there any way to move these files so that they can be uploaded or sent via attachment to myself? I need to achieve this without the use of a PC or other hardware.

I am also curious that if I could transfer the files, would they retain the local save data and settings?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
While it's a legal gray area, you can use apps like Titanium Backup (there are others) to 'back up' existing apps and re-install in a different device via side-loading (AKA: manually installing the app files, or APK files).

Now, the problem with these apps is that they're designed for older systems, so even if you manage to back up or get a copy of the APK, if it's no longer in the Play Store and you're trying to install this on a newer OS version, chances are it just won't work properly, so just have that in mind.