Phone wont lock on messages

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Whenever I have my instagram dms open after a while it will just let me turn on the screen and open them without needing to unlock the screen, is there an option for this and if so what is it called, i've been looking around my lock screen settings for a while and cant seem to find it

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Your description is kind of hazy. So when you have been using the DMs, you turn the screen off like you're putting it to sleep and then it will still open when you press the power button like it was never locked? Or am I describing this incorrectly? What device do you have?

If my description is accurate what could be happening is you are not reaching the lock timeout. There is a screen on timeout and a lock timeout. obviously the screen on timeout, times out after inactivity and puts the screen to sleep and locks the phone. The lock timeout begins when you hit the power button to put the phone to sleep. So you hit the power button the screen turns off but if your timeout is set to 30 seconds or 1 minute if you turn the screen on within that time it will act as if you never left. The lock timeout can be set to "immediate", in which case every time the screen is put to sleep, even if for just a second, the screen locks.

Not sure where you would find this on your device since we don't know what device you have but it could be under security, for the device lock, or it may be under display, for what to do when the screen is turned off.

Please become a member so that we may have a two way conversation and better understand your issue through some added details.

Matthew Peterson2

Jul 4, 2019
Visit site
Vid junky Im on an s8 and no its not my timeout because i have that set to automatically lock when i press the power button, it doesnt open the phone fully unlocked though, it will only pull up the dms that i was in when i turned it off, and i will have to unlock it again to go anywhere else

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Vid junky Im on an s8 and no its not my timeout because i have that set to automatically lock when i press the power button, it doesnt open the phone fully unlocked though, it will only pull up the dms that i was in when i turned it off, and i will have to unlock it again to go anywhere else
Have you checked trusted sources settings as keeping the phone unlocked when unwanted ?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Are you referring to what I posted below?
82e454d57e0944367d62d46dfb401be9.jpg