Why can my device not connect to 5Ghz networks?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm sorry in advance for my lack of understanding concerning networks, I'm not quite sure what I am doing here. I recently bought a Coolpad Legacy, which has connectivity of Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. Is this not capable of connecting to a 5Ghz network? Why am I not capable of connecting to my Wifi, which is outputting both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz? Any help is very appreciated, thank you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm sorry in advance for my lack of understanding concerning networks, I'm not quite sure what I am doing here. I recently bought a Coolpad Legacy, which has connectivity of Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. Is this not capable of connecting to a 5Ghz network? Why am I not capable of connecting to my Wifi, which is outputting both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz? Any help is very appreciated, thank you.
Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you give each network its own ssid name?

When you are setting up a network connection, do you see both networks? This assumes the ssid isn't set to "hidden". If you only see the 2.4 Ghz network, your device just might not be dual band.

Although, I looked up the specs, and apparently it is dual-band.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa