LG G6 screen locks when I long-press home screen.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This is a bit of an odd issue.

I factory reset my LG G6, and noticed that whenever I long-press my home screen - as in the action to add widgets - my screen just locks.

This does it in safe mode. In fact, it gets stuck in the animation in safe mode and loops, locking the screen.

Nibbana42

May 17, 2021
Visit site
Hi! I have the same issue! Long press on the display switches off the screen and more in general when the screen is off, one time out of three I need to press the power button for at least 3 seconds to switch the screen back on. It's quite odd (and frustrating). Do you remember if and how you fixed it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, the OP never registered and followed up, so you probably won't get an answer from them, whoever they were.

Is it just like the OP, where this started after a factory reset, and it now happens in Safe Mode as well?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi! I have the same issue! Long press on the display switches off the screen and more in general when the screen is off, one time out of three I need to press the power button for at least 3 seconds to switch the screen back on. It's quite odd (and frustrating). Do you remember if and how you fixed it?
Hi, welcome to AC!
You using a 3rd party launcher?

Nibbana42

May 17, 2021
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!
You using a 3rd party launcher?
Hi, thanks! No 3rd party launcher. However, I might just have fix it! I noticed that during calls the screen was black even when far from the head, so there was likely an issue with the proximity sensor. I opened the official LG service menu and recalibrated the proximity sensor, and all issues disappeared and did not appear yet. I will update later on to confirm this (or not).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thanks! No 3rd party launcher. However, I might just have fix it! I noticed that during calls the screen was black even when far from the head, so there was likely an issue with the proximity sensor. I opened the official LG service menu and recalibrated the proximity sensor, and all issues disappeared and did not appear yet. I will update later on to confirm this (or not).
Ok great , hopefully that was it !

Nibbana42

May 17, 2021
Visit site
Ok great , hopefully that was it !

Hi, I'm glad to confirm that the recalibration of the proximity sensor fixed all issues. For those having similar problems with the proximity sensor and want to try to recalibrate it, in the dialer, tap: *#546368#*modelNumber# (for example in my case *#546368#*350#) - > Device Test -> SAAT -> Service Menu Auto Test -> Power button - > Long press on button "Recal" while moving the hand near and far from the proximity sensor.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I'm glad to confirm that the recalibration of the proximity sensor fixed all issues. For those having similar problems with the proximity sensor and want to try to recalibrate it, in the dialer, tap: *#546368#*modelNumber# (for example in my case *#546368#*350#) - > Device Test -> SAAT -> Service Menu Auto Test -> Power button - > Long press on button "Recal" while moving the hand near and far from the proximity sensor.
Awesome thanks for leaving your fix , probably can help someone else that experience your issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87