USB C to HDMI connection fails only when simultaneously using the Samsung wireless charging pad

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung fast wireless charging pad, the one that came out around the time the Galaxy S9 did. On my Galaxy S9 (Qualcomm, 4GB, 64GB), the external monitor I have it connected to will randomly turn off while playing minecraft. I have it connected to the display via a Blackweb USB-C to HDMI adapter that wasn't cheap, and I have made sure that it's not the adapter (I have 2 of them), it's not the hdmi cable, and its definitely not the monitor. The phone screen remains on and functioning but the external monitor does not. However, if I unplug and plug it back in, it works for about 10 seconds and turns back off, which makes me think that maybe it's a safety feature from samsung to keep the phone from overheating as wireless charging makes it pretty warm. Do note that I have a wireless xbox controller also connected when this is happening. Am I the only one with this very specific use case? Does anybody know why it's doing this? This problem only persists in minecraft, possibly because its graphically demanding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress