Doesanyone know if there is any news about a fix for notifications not playing through phone when ho

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

What I mean is when I am driving for work I will hook the Bluetooth in my car to my phone. I may put on music iHeartRadio or Netflix etc. I want to still be able to get notifications through my other apps if I choose for example GrubHub through my phone. Because if I do not see the little flash that I have a delivery I will miss deliveries. because it does not come through my phone if my car is turned off or when I have my phone and I walk up to a customer's house my phone is still connected to the Bluetooth in my car which is fine. I don't want to have to toggle everything on and off every time I get in and out of my car that's way too complicated. But any notifications are silent because they are trying to go to the Bluetooth in the car which is turned off

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I bet it's because of a safety feature so you don't get distracted while you're driving. I don't have much experience with using Bluetooth in my car so I can't give a specific fix, but I would check settings on your phone for Bluetooth while driving and also check settings on your car stereo. At the very least you can create a widget so you can turn Bluetooth off and on quickly.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
I'm confused. You say that when you make a delivery your phone is connected and then you state notifications are silent because the BT in your car is turned off. If BT was turned off notifications would go directly to your device. You could turn BT off via your phone or just leave the phone in the car when you make a delivery and check for messages on your return

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
What I mean is when I am driving for work I will hook the Bluetooth in my car to my phone. I may put on music iHeartRadio or Netflix etc. I want to still be able to get notifications through my other apps if I choose for example GrubHub through my phone. Because if I do not see the little flash that I have a delivery I will miss deliveries. because it does not come through my phone if my car is turned off or when I have my phone and I walk up to a customer's house my phone is still connected to the Bluetooth in my car which is fine. I don't want to have to toggle everything on and off every time I get in and out of my car that's way too complicated. But any notifications are silent because they are trying to go to the Bluetooth in the car which is turned off
I bet it's because of a safety feature so you don't get distracted while you're driving. I don't have much experience with using Bluetooth in my car so I can't give a specific fix, but I would check settings on your phone for Bluetooth while driving and also check settings on your car stereo. At the very least you can create a widget so you can turn Bluetooth off and on quickly.
If you want to have your phone in hand and get notifications on it, as stated you must turn off the phones bt, or the cars.
Mr. Bo, it's not a safety issue/setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699