Duplicate icons appearing on LG Tablet

st1ckyk3ys

Nov 23, 2019
Visit site
Tablet has A LOT of duplicate icons appearing of apps on home screen. For example, I will see 10 icons of Snapchat on the home screen. I can easily remove them, however I was wondering if it was related to a bigger problem such as malware or viruses. I've heard of that duplicate icon virus that's on PC, but it's usually with files and they all seem intact. Any help? Thank you.

st1ckyk3ys

Nov 23, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I made my account.

To answer this, there are no 3rd party launchers being used. I did try searching some launchers though because I thought they would help (I don't know what I'm doing), but I didn't download them or use them. When you click the icons, they seem normal, and nothing seems wrong with them. But it's just weird that when you download an app, duplicate icons show up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There should be a homescreen option that turns off the automatic addition of newly installed apps to the homescreen, so try that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I made my account.

To answer this, there are no 3rd party launchers being used. I did try searching some launchers though because I thought they would help (I don't know what I'm doing), but I didn't download them or use them. When you click the icons, they seem normal, and nothing seems wrong with them. But it's just weird that when you download an app, duplicate icons show up.
It's impossible to see 10 icons of snap chat . Once download its only 1 icon ..can you post a screenshot of this happening ? Something definitely not Right.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's impossible to see 10 icons of snap chat . Once download its only 1 icon ..can you post a screenshot of this happening ? Something definitely not Right.

But it is possible to have multiple duplicate shortcuts on the homescreen (not the App Drawer) if you add them manually. Not sure why they seem to be popping up automatically, though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But it is possible to have multiple duplicate shortcuts on the homescreen (not the App Drawer) if you add them manually. Not sure why they seem to be popping up automatically, though.
The only way I can see someone have 10 snap chat icons is if they keep adding it to each page on their home screen , so the would need to have 10 home screen pages to show up like that .short cut I can only see 1 or 2 from app drawer to home page and maybe short cut from your browser or if have Samsung device edge panel .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only way I can see someone have 10 snap chat icons is if they keep adding it to each page on their home screen

Exactly -- or something is glitching and causing the multiple icons to be added automatically to the homescreen. You can have duplicates on the same homescreen, so he wouldn't necessarily need 10 homescreen pages to have all of those dupes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Exactly -- or something is glitching and causing the multiple icons to be added automatically to the homescreen. You can have duplicates on the same homescreen, so he wouldn't necessarily need 10 homescreen pages to have all of those dupes.
Yeah ,that's why I wanted see screenshot, because if adding to home screen from web browser it will have a chrome logo inside of it showing it was a shortcut .. we see when OP responds

st1ckyk3ys

Nov 23, 2019
Visit site
Yeah ,that's why I wanted see screenshot, because if adding to home screen from web browser it will have a chrome logo inside of it showing it was a shortcut .. we see when OP responds

Hi. Yeah sorry for not responding. Was a little busy and had trouble logging into my account. Here are the pictures. https://i.imgur.com/DEuerdx.png and https://i.imgur.com/VgFnAtr.png.

As you can see, there's 21 icon shortcuts of the Kobo app. This is a little crazy.