Moto G7 Play; Twitter refusing to open?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently got this phone, and for some reason no form of Twitter will load on it and often gets stuck on logging in until it claims an error. I have tried the app (cleared the data un/reinstalled and restarted the phone), mobile desktop, Tweetdeck and even third party like Friendly. Everything about the site runs extremely slow if it runs at all, which is strange because literally every other app and website I have on it runs perfectly fine with the same connection.
The phone is fully updated and so are all the apps I'm using to try this, so I truly have no idea what the issue is. Any advice would be appreciated because I'm very frustrated.

Nitzer

Dec 10, 2019
Visit site
Alright, account made. My area is rather rural so I had to stand a ways out, but I got enough of a connection with it that it actually signed in versus timing out with an error. I'm supposing this means I can only use the app in high mobile data connection areas, instead of just using the wifi a mere room away? Bizarre.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this consistently happen on a particular wi-fi network, or does it happen on all wi-fi networks? Some wi-fi networks may have firewalls set up for certain kinds of sites, like social media -- this can be the case on networks run by a school or work.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Alright, account made. My area is rather rural so I had to stand a ways out, but I got enough of a connection with it that it actually signed in versus timing out with an error. I'm supposing this means I can only use the app in high mobile data connection areas, instead of just using the wifi a mere room away? Bizarre.
Hi, Welcome
Maybe try resetting your router

Nitzer

Dec 10, 2019
Visit site
Update: I've checked everything and there's no firewall or issues with the router, other websites (save for odd outliers like PayPal and eBay that also lag out like Twitter) function at a fine speed. But I've found as I thought, when I go out and use only mobile data Twitter functions fine. I continue to be very confused.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non