For those who had their Amazon order canceled:

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you end up ordering from another site, like best buy?

I pre ordered from Best Buy after my order got canceled. It was 33$ more because of sales tax (plus i had a 100$ amazon gift card that I can't use anymore obviously)

Just wonder what every did after all those cancellations?

May 27, 2010
Visit site
After I received my cancellation notice from Shamazon I pre ordered the 32GB gray from J&R and also 64 gray from Adorama. This morning I was sent an email from Adorama letting me know my order was backordered. Still no word from J&R. :'(

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
i havent oredered one from anywhere yet, but in my opinion you should have waited.

i do understand wanting to have it early, but essentially you paid $133 more, since you had the giftcard for amazon.

from what i understand, asus twitter page says they dont know why amazon is cancelling orders, and they are looking into it, which could mean ordering will be back up soon.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I went with Best Buy. If Amazon orders do go back up soon, I'll consider canceling my BB pre-order and going back with Amazon since there's no tax and I get prime shipping from them, but if it's true that Asus has no idea why they canceled to begin with, then I feel like they shouldn't get my $$$ unless they also give me back my previous priority based on the date of my original pre-order, since they didn't even offer me the option to sit tight and wait the first time around.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
i havent oredered one from anywhere yet, but in my opinion you should have waited.

i do understand wanting to have it early, but essentially you paid $133 more, since you had the giftcard for amazon.

from what i understand, asus twitter page says they dont know why amazon is cancelling orders, and they are looking into it, which could mean ordering will be back up soon.

Wow Asus really did say that, I find that really odd if it is true that they are unaware of why that happened. I know I'm spending more, but I can always use the gift card on something else (like the dock) and if the pre orders on amazon come back I will cancel best buy.

I went with Best Buy. If Amazon orders do go back up soon, I'll consider canceling my BB pre-order and going back with Amazon since there's no tax and I get prime shipping from them, but if it's true that Asus has no idea why they canceled to begin with, then I feel like they shouldn't get my $$$ unless they also give me back my previous priority based on the date of my original pre-order, since they didn't even offer me the option to sit tight and wait the first time around.

I agree, if we ordered first we should be first on the priority list. Amazon is usually amazing with customer service, I'm not liking how this is being handled at all

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
bein that ive never ordered a tablet, or anything more expensive than 20 on amazon, can someone give me some more info on buying from them?

is the no sales tax thing a special early promotion thing? or maybe only for international orders? if i wait, like im planning to, to purchase the tablet for another month or so will i be able to buy from amazon with no sales tax as well?

any info would be appreciated thanks.

FHSPSU67

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
bein that ive never ordered a tablet, or anything more expensive than 20 on amazon, can someone give me some more info on buying from them?

is the no sales tax thing a special early promotion thing? or maybe only for international orders? if i wait, like im planning to, to purchase the tablet for another month or so will i be able to buy from amazon with no sales tax as well?

any info would be appreciated thanks.
Except for maybe 4 states (I think NY is one of them) Amazon is tax-free. I'm a long-time Amazon customer and have always been satisfied. Even when I had something arrive broken, Amazon immediately shipped a replacement with 2-day shipping at no cost to me. My original shipment had been 7-10 day shipping.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought about putting in a pre-order with BB, but figured that I might as well wait to see what happens with Amazon as I don't pay tax when ordering through them.

btbrewer

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from B&H. They had free shipping (and no sales tax for my state). I only have a status of backorder. No news on when to expect it.

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
technically we are all suppose to report our non-paying taxes to amazon through the irs, but yes the no tax NOW thing is really nice

y2bandit

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ordering mine from TigerDirect when its available for purchase. Signed up for Chase Freedom credit card under my wifes name. I get $300 cashback if I spend $500 or more within the 1st 3 months. So technically, the Prime would be $200 after cashback. Plus, I can get 6% cashback so thats $30 saved. After all said and done, I would pay about $170 shipped to my door!

I would order from Amazon, B&H or other sites but they all charge NYS tax. Thats about $45 in tax. Ridiculous!