My apps disappear

BFriggs

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I am having a issue with my tf-101that my apps disappear, both in home screen and the other pages where all of them are shown. Sometimes it starts if I try and move a app on the home screen, they all disappear. Sometimes it just does it. Technically, they are still there. If I click where I know one is, it does open. I just can't see them. To get them back, sometimes they will if I go to an app then come back to the home screen. But that is rare. Most of the time, I have to shut it down and restart it. I have deleted most of my background apps I have. And I have gone to one of the included backgrounds. A non "live" background. Any ideas what is causing this? It is really annoying.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bill

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This kind of thing used to happen to my old Acer A500 after I upgraded it from Honeycomb to ICS. It finally stopped when I did a factory reset, then reinstalled all of my apps. It's a bit of a hassle, but actually doesn't take too long.

BFriggs

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
When I would do a factory reset, does it wipe out everything? Even my sd card with movies and music? Just wondering how much I would have to reload.

Thanks

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Factory reset will wipe all apps and data from the onboard memory, not the external SD card, but to be safe, I'd unmount it and eject it first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

BFriggs

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I did the reset and it fixed my problem. But I thought I had my pictures and videos from the camera backed up. But I didn't. Oh well. Water under the bridge. Not like I had great pictures of a bigfoot or anything. LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non