Best Buy updates my in store pickup to 4/30!?!?

edge252

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from Bestbuy.com this morning, and they told me that my estimated pickup date was 5/13, but I just got an email telling me that I "should be able" to pick it up on 4/30.

I really hope that holds true, can't wait!!

drjoeward

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Same thing just happened to me. Except it was changed to 5/3 (my local store gets it's truck on Tuesdays I believe.) Hope it does hold true ;)

Evo4g

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
was this before it said online sold out? I went in to see if I could order and they told me that the system would not allow them to do so.

drjoeward

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ordered it this morning before it said sold out online. not sure when it went sold out, but my date changed at about 3pm this afternoon (central time)

reidoreilly

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I ordered online with express shipping at 3 am or whatever time it went active, and just go an email today saying its backorderd, with no update. So are they filling the orders for the people who got ship to store first? Also, my estimated delivery was 4/28 before, now it just says backordered. Im just pissed that I pay all that money for express shipping, and I dont even get any kind of update on when to expect it let alone a refund.

edge252

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered mine online at 10:30EST. I used to work there, so I had a couple friends digging around in the inventory system this morning to see if they could find any stores that had them in transit, but they didn't come up with anything. So I decided to just put an order in so that at least I had something going on, and then about 10 minutes later, I saw that the website was showing sold out.

I just called customer service a little bit ago to see about switching something on the order, but they told me that the order has already been processed, so I couldn't make any changes. So it looks like that date might hold up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

reidoreilly

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered mine online at 10:30EST. I used to work there, so I had a couple friends digging around in the inventory system this morning to see if they could find any stores that had them in transit, but they didn't come up with anything. So I decided to just put an order in so that at least I had something going on, and then about 10 minutes later, I saw that the website was showing sold out.

I just called customer service a little bit ago to see about switching something on the order, but they told me that the order has already been processed, so I couldn't make any changes. So it looks like that date might hold up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

this really makes me mad

mojaxson

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Specs

Have you noticed that Best Buy.com has the Asus tablet weight @ 2.2lbs on its specs page? according to the review on Android Central the weight is 1.49lbs with battery

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you noticed that Best Buy.com has the Asus tablet weight @ 2.2lbs on its specs page? according to the review on Android Central the weight is 1.49lbs with battery

Maybe that shipping weight?

FWIW, the official site lists the weight as 680g (1.5 pounds).

reidoreilly

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
OK, so future reference to anyone who thinks about ordering online with bestbuy. I just called about getting some sort of refund for my express shipping since I was somehow backordered 2 weeks, and the girl on the phone told me that I can have it shipped to the local bestbuy and it should be in no later than may 4th. She told me this would probably be quicker because on items that sell out like this the stores usually get stock before their online warehouse. So if you ever are thinking about ordering a hot item from bestbuy, it would probably be faster to do an in-store pickup.

Reactions: kareden

JesterOC

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
No update for me at the moment I have an in store pickup order also. Before I got my confirmation e-mail it had said 3-5 days. But the e-mail suggested 5/13 I hope the e-mail was just a worst case scenario.

At the moment I can't check on my order at bestbuy.com

fuzzylemurs

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My order for best buy in store pickup status on bestbuy.com just says 'Verifiying in store inventory' with no date when it will be available. When I ordered the site stated 5/3-5/5 availability...

fuzzylemurs

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have verified that money was already taken out of my account for my ship-to-store purchase. Usually best buy only does this when they confirm shipment/inventory - I am hoping my unit will be available this week with best buy's first shipment. Store site still states status as "Status: 1 item(s) - confirming InStore Inventory at <store>"

JesterOC

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I have verified that money was already taken out of my account for my ship-to-store purchase. Usually best buy only does this when they confirm shipment/inventory - I am hoping my unit will be available this week with best buy's first shipment. Store site still states status as "Status: 1 item(s) - confirming InStore Inventory at <store>"

Hmm I see no activity on my credit card yet. Could it be that they only put a hold on that amount (I forget the exact name of the procedure but I think they basically call dibs on that amount without actually charging you for it). Especially if they did not e-mail you yet.. also did you check your spam filter?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch