Tablet woke up, stayed awake; battery died.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I had my tablet in its keyboard dock -- tucked away in my backpack while I was at work. I had a long day away from the desk; at the end of the day, I was surprised to see my tablet was warm and the battery was dead. I'm not sure how, but the tablet woke up & stayed awake long enough to drain the battery dry.

This was the first time it's happened. No new apps installed that would change the sleep behavior.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. If so, did you find a cause?

Thank you!

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Check in your wifi settings if you allowed wifi to stay awake while not plugged in.
This could be a factor.
I only ley my wifi stay awake "on" when screen is on or when the screen is off but hooked to charger.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I need that feature, though (need push notifications). Unlike my laptop, I only plug in my tablet when I need to charge it.

That may be the cause. I haven't found any apps on the device that might have caused it.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I need that feature, though (need push notifications). Unlike my laptop, I only plug in my tablet when I need to charge it.

That may be the cause. I haven't found any apps on the device that might have caused it.

Np.
Go into settings > wifi > advanced
Option should be in there

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress