Stuck in a bootloop

siriusthinking

Jun 9, 2011
www.flickr.com
I've had this tablet for less than a year, and this morning I woke up to it in what I think is a bootloop. It loads the Asus In Search Of Incredible screen, the circle spins for a few seconds, then it loads that screen again.

I tried entering recovery mode using Power + Volume Up to try a factory reset, but it goes to a screen with an Android in a hardhat that says "Fastboot Mode power off by holding power key over 10 seconds" it never changes to go to the recovery menu. It's not rooted. Any ideas?

Capture.JPG

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a longpress of the power button? That should simulate a battery pull and hopefully get you out of the bootloop.

siriusthinking

Jun 9, 2011
www.flickr.com
Yes, it just shuts off. When I try to turn it on again, it goes right back into the loop.

It's not really a true "bootloop" I guess, it just won't boot past the logo screen, and I can't figure out how to get it into recovery mode.

EDIT: I got it!

Just in case anyone else having this problem searches and ends up on this thread, I kept reading that you had to hold Power + Volume Up to get into Recovery mode, but you have to hold Power + the middle of the volume bar, not up or down specifically. Was able to do a factory reset, and it's loading fine now, just need to reinstall all my stuff.

Last edited:

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it just shuts off. When I try to turn it on again, it goes right back into the loop.

It's not really a true "bootloop" I guess, it just won't boot past the logo screen, and I can't figure out how to get it into recovery mode.

EDIT: I got it!

Just in case anyone else having this problem searches and ends up on this thread, I kept reading that you had to hold Power + Volume Up to get into Recovery mode, but you have to hold Power + the middle of the volume bar, not up or down specifically. Was able to do a factory reset, and it's loading fine now, just need to reinstall all my stuff.

Just happened to me. I did what you said about holding the middle of the volume button & power together. It worked. Thanks. Back to normal.

Pinhi

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow you're a lifesaver. Thanks so much!!! I've always heard that you hold down the power button and the up or down volume button. Not so here. As you said, you hold down the MIDDLE of the volume rocker with the power key. It worked like a champ and now I'm back in business. In fact it booted normally after that and no need to do a factory reset. Again thank you so much!!!

mdmm55

May 27, 2019
Visit site
Hi.I have a 2 years old 7 inch Asus Tablets.All of suddent it is giving me loop ""in search of incredible""
I rebooted several times by pressing power button. Then pressed several times term by terms power + upper ,not success
then power+ middle volume bar but no success. Power + lower bar no success.
Still getting same loop""in search of incredible"".
I also did "" I kept reading that you had to hold Power + Volume Up to get into Recovery mode, but you have to hold Power + the middle of the volume bar, not up or down specifically. ""
No success. I opened to remove and reinstall battery but does not know,how to remove battery safely and put it back.
Kindly help me.