Nook Color is Stuck on MIUI Boot Screen

urhos

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
[EDIT]

I got MIUI 1.9.2 to install and boot. However, I am now getting the message that says "the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" Is there a way to fix this?

I just installed MIUI 1.9.2 on my nook color with CWR. When I try to boot into MIUI it gets stuck on the boot loop that has the globe logo spinning in space. The little animation just keeps playing over and over and it wont boot into MIUI.

When using CWR to install MIUI I formatted /system, /data, and /boot. I also performed the wipe data/factory reset, dalvik cache, fix permissions, and wipe cache partition commands. I used a 2gb microsd card with the 1gb version of CWR 3.0.2.8 on it and the MIUI zip file on the card. It gets stuck in the boot loop for MIUI 1.8.5 as well. If I follow these exact installation instructions with Honeycomb Preview v4 or CM7 the flash works fine.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Regards,

urhos

Last edited:

sunnyrv

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, I formatted the /boot partition a while ago and faced a similar issue with CM7. It appears /boot is not to be formatted. You could Google for instructions on restoring the /boot partition. But personally, I restored the Nook Color factory ROM back into the device and that fixed my /boot. I then installed CM7 and it worked. I'm running MIUI on my Nook right now and its doing fine.

I hope fixing your /boot will fix the MIUI Boot Screen problem.