Need help with factory reset with bootable sd card.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought a bootable sd card from amazon (CyanongenMod 7.0.3). Very pleased with it. But I'm selling my nook color along with the sd card I bought to a friend. I can't find anywhere how I can do a factory reset from within settings. I do a factory reset but it just boots back normal with my account still there and all. I did a factory reset on the nook itself but I just cant figure out how to do it within android. Please help. Thanks.

Proper282

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my N2A card. No matter what I did my initial gmail acct was always there. I ended up formatting the card and made my own CM7 boot card out of it. Only way I could think of keeping your info safe would be to disable syncing to your email addy and then change your password. That way the new owner wouldn't be able to get access to your mail even if they re-enabled the sync option... Hope that helped a bit

erickrocks1126

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Since the CM7 OS is off the SD, don't think you can factory reset it. Same issue here when I was running MIUI off of SD and wanted to change the account over to my wife's gmail. Ended up having to format the SD card and make a new one. Think the factory reset is the same reason why you can't do nandroid backups when running off SD card as well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non