Honeycomb on internal questions

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
First I would like to thank the developers for taking their time to make such a easy to install and problem free build for the NC. It really is amazing considering this is only a preview version of Honeycomb. I cant wait for the full version.

Now to my questions. Im coming from a Droid X and it has 8gb of internal memory and i can use that for apps Now the NC has 8gb of internal memory as I read but i only have a little under 900mb for app memory? What gives?

Next question, there is a lot of space between icons and my clock widgets text is rather small. Is there a way to fix this?

Lastly, why does the stock keyboard not have text prediction and auto correct?

necroscopev

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am no expert by any means and i am not even running HC, i am using froyo 0.6.7, but i think i can answer a few of your questions:

900mb for app memory should get you a LONG LONG way! A lot of the apps can install on SD card and heck, even if they don't, that is still tons of apps. Grab a 16 or 32gb micro sd card, at LEAST class 4, and you should be all set for space.

As far as space on screen goes download an app called LCD Density, it is free. It allows you change your density (basically screen resolution) so thing are bigger. I use 210, it works well and all the apps are full screen for me. This does NOT stay during a reset, so you set it, it reboots the NC, then you stuff will be bigger, but if you reset (not sleep) again you have to do it again.

Lastly switch keyboards! I picked up Thumb Keyboard from the market and it is AMAZING. It is perfect for the nook and you can customize the height and width for your thumbs so it can perfect for you. It also has the auto correct and predict functions you want too.

Hope this helps!

First I would like to thank the developers for taking their time to make such a easy to install and problem free build for the NC. It really is amazing considering this is only a preview version of Honeycomb. I cant wait for the full version.

Now to my questions. Im coming from a Droid X and it has 8gb of internal memory and i can use that for apps Now the NC has 8gb of internal memory as I read but i only have a little under 900mb for app memory? What gives?

Next question, there is a lot of space between icons and my clock widgets text is rather small. Is there a way to fix this?

Lastly, why does the stock keyboard not have text prediction and auto correct?

Toonvox

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
As far as space on screen goes download an app called LCD Density, it is free. It allows you change your density (basically screen resolution) so thing are bigger. I use 210, it works well and all the apps are full screen for me. This does NOT stay during a reset, so you set it, it reboots the NC, then you stuff will be bigger, but if you reset (not sleep) again you have to do it again.

I like how LCD Density takes care of the screen appearance, anything above 140 makes the Back/Home/Menu buttons disappear. How are you overcoming that?

AintSkerd

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
text prediction and auto correct are off by default.
turn them on in settings>language & input>configure input methods>android kb settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa