Using CWR on the NookColor

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The only other android device I've used prior to the NC is an Eris which uses Amon's recovery instead of CWR. I'm trying to understand how CWR works versus using Amon. I did some clicking and searching and I'm just trying to confirm if I understand it properly.

If I'm using CWR, after I flash a new rom I have to go to the market, re-download CWR and then tell it to flash recovery. Once I've done that I can have it set up to make back ups.

If this is correct, does that mean it's easy to flash between say an autonooter rom and phiremod or HC?

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
can anyone help me with this? I thought I would use the BN stock reader app more but so far I'm not so I'd like to get a more updated android OS on this thing.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Apparently there is not a lot of general knowledge on here about CWR. I can't seem to find any concise information either. The last time I used CWR on my Nook I got stuck in a recovery boot loop and had to flash the CWR removal zip I found on XDA to get out of it. Might want to check those forums for more help with your problem.

Ridel

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
If I'm using CWR, after I flash a new rom I have to go to the market, re-download CWR and then tell it to flash recovery. Once I've done that I can have it set up to make back ups.

If this is correct, does that mean it's easy to flash between say an autonooter rom and phiremod or HC?

I swear you don't have to re-flash CWR, but I guess that would depend on how you're installing the specific ROM. The most I've bothered with is switching between rooted stock and CM7, and I only went 'back' because I need to restore from backup. So that doesn't really count.

Why don't you just create a few bootable SDs? Sounds like you're just checking out each OS on the NC and the SD cards make that really, really easy without screwing anything up.

Apparently there is not a lot of general knowledge on here about CWR. I can't seem to find any concise information either. The last time I used CWR on my Nook I got stuck in a recovery boot loop and had to flash the CWR removal zip I found on XDA to get out of it. Might want to check those forums for more help with your problem.

The recovery boot loop was a bug in Recovery 3.0.0.5. I experienced it myself when I flashed recovery via ROM Manager. Everyone should be using 3.0.1.0 at this point, and there are plenty of bootable SDs for Recovery that it makes the whole affair painless.

The official thread is here.

jeregano

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the boot loop problem. that is caused by not re-booting after flashing cwr before booting into Cwr. re-boot after flashing cwr and it is not a problem.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to successfully flash back to stock root via CWR? Everytime I've tried CWR locks up and then the boot process gets stuck at the N or just boot loops on NookColor screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress