Poor Signal -> Unregistered SIM

vandelay

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Whenever I go somewhere with poor signal, eg. certain spots in my basement, the phone will go from saying no signal to "Emergency Calls Only Unregistered SIM" in the notification area where it normally says "Bell" and I can't call or message anyone. It will take a few minutes of me standing somewhere where I know I have reception before calling or messaging works again.

Is this normal or is anyone else having this problem? I just took the phone into the Bell store today and they guy said he hadn't heard of this happening before and figured it was just the sim card and gave me a new one but it's still happening.

anon(284786)

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I too have noticed that it takes a while to switch back from the emergency calls only setting back to regular 4g.

The thing I do to get it to switch back quicker (if I know I'm in an area with reception) is put it in airplane mode and then take it out of airplane mode. Then the 4g seems to reconnect quickly.

If you find a fix, post it here so I can use it too!

Reactions: vandelay

vandelay

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks that seems to work, another thing you can try too is go to settings->wireless and network->mobile networks->network operators and try changing between one of the bells or automatically (I didn't notice any significant difference though)

Natasha Sharma

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Im having this issue as well on my samsung galaxy S3. The airplane mode tip doesnt work for me. After checking and unchecking the flight mode option the message still remains.

Ive had this issues before and Bell had given me a new SIM. Was ok for a bit but is happening again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs