Official Car Dock

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So I'm coming from an OG Droid to the Bionic. Hence things might have changed since the old days. But when I put my Droid in the car dock, car home automatically loaded. Not only does this not happen for the Bionic but I don't even see an option to load it manually. Am I missing something? A setting somewhere? I searched the Bionic manual and didn't find an answer. Sorry if this has been discussed already or is something stupid I'm overlooking. Thanks!!

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stupid Question: Car Dock

I am. They specifically have a little insert you can take out to support cases. I suppose I can try taking it out of the case but that'd depress me if that's the issue. It works in the standard dock with the case on.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site

I didn't see an icon for the car dock either. I actually don't have a car dock, but on the OG Droid, I was able to have the car home app start up when it connected to my car's bluetooth. Is there any way to do that with this phone??

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Not that I can see. That's kinda what I was looking for, as well, barring the automatic mode coming up when putting it in the dock. But the manual makes no mention of it, either. Very strange.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site

I also searched for the Car Home app that Google has, but it didn't show up in the Market. It's little things like that annoy me. I should just be able to install what I want.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

You probably have a defective unit. I would take it back. Mine works as designed.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm on a meeting with work right now but when I go to lunch in a bit I'll try again. I'm wondering if it has to have power to activate it? My car doesn't power the port that it's plugged into unless it's running. I can try that, too. I haven't gone anywhere since I got home yesterday from buying the phone and installed the dock when I got home.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

That's certainly possible. I'm going to mess with it before going that route.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I just checked. It's 100% my case causing the issue. SIGH. MAJOR FREAKING SIGH. That was one of the things I was so happy about is the fact that the docks are supposed to work WITH the case. I have one of the high gloss silicone cases. I LOVE the case so this sucks.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

I haven't tried the car dock yet (will when I get home), but I have that issue with the home dock. 3 out of four times it does not work. I was thinking I might have a magnet problem in the dock. If it doesn't work in the car dock though, it is probably the phone itself. I don't even have a case on it!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Yea, I'm quite sure it uses magnets to activate the dock modes. For some reason the car dock no likey my case, but, the standard dock seems ok with it. Kind of frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa