Problems with CWM not backing up

non_sequitur

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
So I'm looking to use CWM to backup my current ROM (stock) before I start monkeying with other ROMS. Before I get too far off the deep end, I want to restore the leaked update Blur_Version.5.5.886-5.7.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.

I've downloaded the free version of CWM to do this. From various guides that I've seen online, it seems to be a GUI for nandoid, which i've used to apply some ROMS to my OG Droid.

The problem I'm having now is that when I select "Backup Current ROM" in the ROM manager, I get a briefly posted system message about being granted super user permissions, then the phone reboots, no backup is created. Before I even attempt to apply any ROMs I want to make sure I can backup what I've got and restore it!

What might be the problem? I rooted the phone several weeks ago using the easy root method, and TiBu works fine.

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
In order for me to get it to work I had to purchase bootstrapper.

I launch "bootstrap recovery" first, then go into Clockwork, and launch "reboot into recovery". It backs up just fine then. "backup current ROM" does not seem to work.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I think your confusing 2 different apk's... or at least your wording of whats going on is confusing me. Bionic Bootstrap is what you are using? Or ROM Manager?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo