Easy root method for 5.9.901

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found an easy way to root this version yet? And by easy, I mean not having to go back two releases and pulling my hair out in the process. Thanks! :cool:

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure that there is a way to root 901 directly. Did you try any of the available rooting methods?

Tapatalked from my Bionic

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
So its possible to go from. 893 to. 901 without completely reverting to the stock version?

So much different information on how to get to. 901 im scared to mess with it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Its easy peasy. Just make sure you're forever rooted, find the update901.zip, put it on the root of your SD card, and flash it in stock recovery.

Reactions: mbentley3

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Its easy peasy. Just make sure you're forever rooted, find the update901.zip, put it on the root of your SD card, and flash it in stock recovery.

Ive had the update901.zip on my SD ever since I tried the 1-click method and ultimately bricked my phone. after alot of research I found out I had to push the ctd.bin file, after doing that it finally booted normally again. I have been too paranoid that I will brick my phone again to try installing the 901 update. Doing a new nandroid now and going to give it a shot. Want to try Eclipse 2.1