getting tired of the HUB

• Thread starter Deleted member 2678566
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2678566

It's so buggy. Is there anything equivalent to Apple's Mail because I don't just use Gmail and I don't want multiple apps like Yahoo and Gmail activated

Posted via the Android Central App

kidkamel

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Blue mail. Same concept as the hub but less buggy IMO. It also has a dark theme

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I like k9 mail. It's free (if you want to pay something, the developer suggests you give to a shelter) and it's a full featured email client that can handle multiple accounts smoothly.

KMorganBbry

May 7, 2016
Visit site
It's so buggy. Is there anything equivalent to Apple's Mail because I don't just use Gmail and I don't want multiple apps like Yahoo and Gmail activated

you dont have to install the gmail or yahoo mail apps to have your email in the hub.

it just has you log into the web interface and thats it. you can remove/deactivate the apps.

my hub on my PRIV feels almost identical to what it felt like on my Z10.

Posted via my AT&T PRIV running MM 6.0.1 (beta)

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Blue mail. Same concept as the hub but less buggy IMO. It also has a dark theme

Wow I tried it for fun amazing

No more hub for me

The custom quick reply is amazing. Hub limited my quick replys

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

Is Blue Mail just for email though? What about SMS, Whatsapp, BBM, Instagram, Twitter other apps?

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

What do you mean is buggy ? What buggs do you have in mind. I've been using hub for long time and I am yet to discover buggs. Yes there are some functionality stuff missing from android version like pinch function to see unread messages only but otherwise hub is solid for me

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site

Works fine for me and excellent to have everything in one place.

kidkamel

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Is Blue Mail just for email though? What about SMS, Whatsapp, BBM, Instagram, Twitter other apps?

It is, for me I get a notification from the app itself. So having it in the hub is a duplicate. Plus most of those apps don't even clear out after you have read them. I had a whatsapp message sit in the hub for over a month as a new message and I've had multiple messages afterwards. The hub us broken and I'm a little disappointed and expected more. Maybe down the line but right now it's been disabled.

ajwan

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
It is, for me I get a notification from the app itself. So having it in the hub is a duplicate. Plus most of those apps don't even clear out after you have read them. I had a whatsapp message sit in the hub for over a month as a new message and I've had multiple messages afterwards. The hub us broken and I'm a little disappointed and expected more. Maybe down the line but right now it's been disabled.

Doesn't sync with contacts and calendar matter too?

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

I don't get dupe notifications. If I read a Whatsapp message via the Hub, it clears from the App itself too. Strange. Love the Hub. It's not the same as BB10, but still quite effective. If all I was concerned about was email, I'd use Outlook.

yohannrjm

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I like the hub. No, it's not the same as the Hub on BB10, but that's not to say it's bad.

It was laggy at first, but it's been getting better with each update.

However, BlueMail is great, as is Gmail and Outlook (which has calendar integration). I don't need all the social apps to feed into one place, so all of those are options for me. I'm currently switching between the Hub and Outlook.

ajwan

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I like the hub. No, it's not the same as the Hub on BB10, but that's not to say it's bad.

It was laggy at first, but it's been getting better with each update.

However, BlueMail is great, as is Gmail and Outlook (which has calendar integration). I don't need all the social apps to feed into one place, so all of those are options for me. I'm currently switching between the Hub and Outlook.

I've been trying out Bluemail on both my Nexus 7 (no cobalt apps installed) and Priv. While the app is gorgeous and well laid out, I've been having major issues with push email/notifications from my Exchange account; sometimes takes half hour or more for an Exchange email to be pushed to my phone! Are you running any Exchange accounts in Bluemail? What's your experience?

yohannrjm

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying out Bluemail on both my Nexus 7 (no cobalt apps installed) and Priv. While the app is gorgeous and well laid out, I've been having major issues with push email/notifications from my Exchange account; sometimes takes half hour or more for an Exchange email to be pushed to my phone! Are you running any Exchange accounts in Bluemail? What's your experience?
I don't use Exchange, so I cannot help you with that. I'd assume that the Outlook app would handle that we'll, though and it's a great app in its own right.

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
BlackBerry just enabled the Hub for anyone on Marshmallow and I immediately installed it. I'm still working on tweaking it- but it was I thought the best thing about BB10 and something I've missed. No, its not the same- but we'll see if I can get it close!

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My hub seems to be working fine. There are a few attached apps I would like to adjust, better. But there are no problems with how the Hub works.

treo_knight

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
We'd be happy to take any feedback for Hub if you're looking for changes or fixes. Thanks!

Hi there,
I'm facing a few issues with the Hub to the point where I'm seriously considering disabling it. Have raised an SR months ago with Blackberry Beta team but no response beyond acknowledging the issue. Can you PM me on how and who to contact to get some answers.

ray689

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,
I'm facing a few issues with the Hub to the point where I'm seriously considering disabling it. Have raised an SR months ago with Blackberry Beta team but no response beyond acknowledging the issue. Can you PM me on how and who to contact to get some answers.

What is the issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress