Is there an easier way to do an Application Deployment?

Slawb

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Application Deployment

Hello everyone,

Having a bit of issue when it comes to application management on 34 Android devices running 4.4.2; purchased from Novatech, and I believed the manufacturer is Rockchip.

We've tried multiple MDMs (MaaS360, 2x, Miradore, MobileIron to name but a few), but unfortunately none work for us. Something to do with APIs is my understanding.

Anyway, I've come to a point where I can manage the apps using MobiLock to put the tablets into Kiosk mode and only let pupils see approved apps, not be able to access play store etc. Great! All done from an online admin dashboard, no need to do it 1 by 1 on each tablet.

Now, the issue we have at this moment is application installing. We can do it via the play store, but we'd rather not as it won't be a good solution if we introduced another 30 tablets and so forth, it just makes it a longer process than it should be. Quite why Google haven't introduced an "Install to all devices" option, I don't know.

So my question to you is, does anyone know of another method we can use? At the moment I'm thinking via USB, if we can find software that will let us do it on multiple devices at once. IE, connect 10 Android devices, deploy an app to those 10, connect the next 10 and repeat. Not the most ideal solution, but still easier than 1 by 1, especially if it involves deployment of more than one application.

Any sort of help will be hugely appreciated! Currently tearing my hair out trying to manage these things more efficiently..

Thanks
Chris

gob0

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Application Deployment

Hi,

i think one way is to write a small app who will download and install your apps from a server on your local network.
No need to connect each device over USB, no need to deploy on playstore.