Looking for an upgrade

skinnybandit

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Motorola G5 plus, it's a great phone, but I've had it for quit a while now and just looking for something else. The battery doesn't last long any more either. Does anyone have any suggestions on another phone that's as good as the Moto g5 plus, in around the same price range? If I remember correctly I got it on Amazon for around $250.00, it's the 64gb version. I would like to stay around that price range. I'm on the Cricket network so I can use pretty much any gsm phone. A finger print sensor is a must for me, I also like phones in the 5"-5.3" screen size. Thanks for all the help.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Have you taken a look at the Nokia 6 (2018)? That might be a fantastic choice for you. I'd also take a look at some of Honor's offerings, like the 7X, but personally I'd rather stick with something like the Nokia 6. It won't be too far of a jump for you since both Motorola and Nokia prefer stock Android, but you're guaranteed better update support with the Nokia (and I happen to like the design more).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you can buy it in your region, I would recommend the Honor 9. It has a 3200 mAh battery, so it will get you through a day's charge, for sure; and it's at 5.15", so it's within your size range.

The only thing is that it retails at about 320 Euros; so it may be a little more expensive than what you are looking for.

Are you thinking about sticking with Motorola for your next phone?

skinnybandit

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
No I don't need to stick with Motorola. I've been looking at the Honor, and Blu phones as well as a few others. I mentioned in the previous post I like the look of the Sony Xperia XA2 allot. What do you think of that phone? I tried looking up the Honor 9, I don't think they sell that in the U.S (where I live). I would like a phone released in 2018 though so it'll be a little more future proof, if that makes sense. Thanks.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No I don't need to stick with Motorola. I've been looking at the Honor, and Blu phones as well as a few others. I mentioned in the previous post I like the look of the Sony Xperia XA2 allot. What do you think of that phone? I tried looking up the Honor 9, I don't think they sell that in the U.S (where I live). I would like a phone released in 2018 though so it'll be a little more future proof, if that makes sense. Thanks.

Ah yes, I don't think they sell it in the United States, unfortunately.

I do like the XA2. Good battery, great size and good camera specs, and it is a beautiful device. It has Snapdragon 630 but is running Android Oreo so you should still get good performance and better battery management. Also, the 3300 mAh battery size is awesome. I would totally recommend this phone. Be sure to watch YouTube unboxing videos and reviews to ensure that you like how the phone operates, how it takes pictures, etc.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
The XA2 is newer than the G5 Plus, and Sony has a reputation for offering prompt software updates - and Moto/Lenovo have exactly the opposite reputation. If these are your choices, I’d pick Sony in a heartbeat.

skinnybandit

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Motorola G5 plus (64gb version). So I was just wondering if the XA2 was worth the upgrade? It looks like a pretty good phone to me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
One more question, do you think the XA2 is an upgrade from the Moto g5 plus? I just want to get an upgrade not a downgrade lol.

No problem at all! :) As the user above me stated,the XA2 is a newer model than the G5 Plus and you'll therefore get more longevity with software updates (phones will usually get software updates for two years after their release). I'd definitely recommend Sony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa