How often should I charge my tablet battery?

A

AC Question

Battery Charging Question

How often should I charge the tablet battery? If I use my tablet daily until the battery is at about 20-30 percent, then charge it , is this bad? Or should I charge it when it's no lower than 40-50 percent? Also, should I charge the battery completely to 100 percent each time, or only 80 percent? It's very confusing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Charging Question

Welcome to Android Central! There are battery authorities (like Cadex) who recommend against regularly discharging your battery deeply if you want to prolong the overall battery lifespan: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University. I've read and heard that 40% is the sweet spot. That doesn't mean you always have to charge up when it gets to 40%--it's more of a rule of thumb. I usually start recharging when I'm in the 30-40% range.

I'm not as sure about the 80% part. Tesla recommends charging the car's battery pack up to 80% routinely in order to prolong its lifespan (and only charging up to 100% prior to planned long trips), but I'm not sure if this applies to mobile device batteries as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez