ES file explorer doesn't show all files or folders

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. Not a huge fan of the standard file explorer for the bionic. Downloaded es file explore and it doesn't show a lot if folders. Also a lot if backups aren't loading for my apps like go sms or pocket money

Any idea

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm having that exact same issue using Astro. I'm trying the "copy to hard drive, format card, copy back to phone" routine right now. I'll update the results in about a half hour.

tommy m

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. All the files are in the sdcard-ext folder. Everything seems to be defaulting to the internel storage.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
What's weird is if you look on the native File Manager app, everything shows up like normal...but ONLY in that app. Other apps installed on the phone don't seem to see the sd card directories.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've figured out the problem here...For some reason, the Bionic file system is not seeing pre-existing directories on the sd card. Copying to the pc, formatting the card and copying back to the card does not fix it. If you plug the phone into a pc (mine is Win 7), you actually get two hard drives pop up, the internal and the sd card. For a hack/fix, if you copy whatever directories that you need (like Titanium Backup, LPP, ect, to the root of the internal drive, you backups will be seen and work. The long term problem with this is that the internal hard drive, although 16 gig, only has 8 gig available. If you have 10 to 15 gig of stuff on your card that you need the phone to see/use, you've got a problem.

Some one smarter than me needs to figure out how to make the phone see the data on the sd card.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I noticed this issue also when trying to restore my apps through Titanium Backup. Once I directed it to sdcard-ext I was able to restore everything successfully.

Reactions: milominderbinde

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually this thread confuses me a bit. I am a big fan of ES file explorer. I can actually see more files with it that don't show up using the built in file explorer.

MrHug3

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
So with everything defaulting to the internal storage, what if I have to wipe data? Will it be lost or is it treated like a memory card?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress