12-22-2013 06:40 AM
60 123
tools
    Hey guys. Got the Bionic the day it came out. So far its been pretty good for me. Screen is definitely not as bad as alot of people made it out to be, camera is a little annoying with the focus sometimes but its ok...The only thing that is bothering me is my 3G/4G connection is randomly dropping out and its happened more than a handful of times. I live just over the bridge from Philly so my area is not the problem. What do you guys think?
    09-12-2011 08:33 PM
    I have the same issue in new haven CT. I really don't want to think its the bionic.the 4g doesn't stay connected and sucks the battery juice up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    09-12-2011 10:06 PM
    I lose my 3G and 4G signal repeatedly and often. Kellex over at droid life says he has had the same problem. I fear its an issue with the bionic. Maybe Motorola will come out with a ota fix?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    09-12-2011 10:13 PM
    I have this issue on occasion too. I went through two Thunderbolts a while back and they both had the same issue. Maybe just a network issue?
    09-12-2011 10:19 PM
    I am having this problem and its bad when my boss calls and I drop calls like this. I even changed sims and this did not help the loss of service isse. Between this and the pentile screen I might go back to my droid x. If this scren was on the x and we had this screen on on the x I would get it but god this is a step back. I phone 4 is almost two yars old and their screen dogs this. The screen is hardly adequate for a mid range phone and that's pushing it on the bionic it's a joke.
    09-12-2011 11:40 PM
    Yeah I think your right..My old phone is the Kin Two WHICH SUCKS lol dont judge me but yeah i cant deal with this dropout and stuff and at first I was like hey the screen isn't so bad but more and more I'm starting to not like it and Blur is kind of getting annoying..oh well..maybe Ill wait for the Nexus Prime
    09-13-2011 08:16 AM
    I know it is annoying, but if you toggle airplane mode on and back off you get an instant connection. Seems like a minor issue that can be fixed with an update.

I am assuming you guys mean when it shows you have service but there is no 3G or 4G icon.
    09-13-2011 08:23 AM
    i haven't had it happen yet with my bionic BUT it always happened with my thunderbolt AND my charge .... verizon sent me new phones... opened trouble ticket .. never heard back from them regarding the issue. both of those phones would drop to 1x and often would lose the internet connection entirely... and it wasn't that the signal was poor, full bars. also, i would never lose the connection on my iphone .... never. i went through probably 8 or 9 sims because i would keep trying one of my 4g phones, only to have the same problem ... back to the iphone ...grrrrrr. i haven't swapped my sim yet to see if it still happens with those 2 phones, guess i should, but i'm liking the moto quite a lot, other than the sh**** camera
    09-13-2011 08:36 AM
    looks like i spoke too soon ... grrrrrrr
    absolutely NO internet connection AT ALL on my bionic!!!
    verizons 4g network is NOT ready for primetime!!!!!!!
    09-13-2011 10:31 AM
    This isn't specific to the Bionic. I have 3 people in my IT dept with Thunderbolt's that do(did) the same thing. I am not sure if it's fixed because I haven't talked to them about it yet, but hopefully it can be fixed by an FW update.
    09-13-2011 10:38 AM
    This isn't specific to the Bionic. I have 3 people in my IT dept with Thunderbolt's that do(did) the same thing. I am not sure if it's fixed because I haven't talked to them about it yet, but hopefully it can be fixed by an FW update.
    if a firmware update would 'fix' it .. why does it happen on ALL THREE of my 4g phones, whereas my 3g phones never lose their connection? i wish it were that simple but when 3 different phones exhibit the same behavior, it tells you something is wrong with the network!!!
    09-13-2011 10:55 AM
    it's not the network,
    the phones have had updates to correct the 4G-to-3G data drop...
    looks like moto has to also come out with a software patch to correct the data drops...
    09-13-2011 11:02 AM
    i'm NOT talking about 4g to 3g issues ... i'm saying my 4g phones lose ALL data connections, period ... and always have. if that's NOT the network, i'd love to know what it is!!!
    09-13-2011 11:08 AM
    i'm NOT talking about 4g to 3g issues ... i'm saying my 4g phones lose ALL data connections, period ... and always have. if that's NOT the network, i'd love to know what it is!!!
    This doesn't happen on Hotspots/aircards, so how can it be the network?

Perhaps all the phones are using the same 4G radio and there's a massive issue when switching 3G/4G ?

who knows.. all I know is I dont see this disconnection on aircards/hotspots standing in the same spot as my phone.
    09-13-2011 11:11 AM
    I have been loosing signal Over 3G, 4G and WIFI. Out of nowhere the internet freezes and when i refresh it says i have no internet connection, even when sitting at home on WIFI. I try to turn airplane mode off and on and that will not fix this issue. I have to power the phone down, then restart and the connection comes back. Annoying!
    gerelee54 likes this.
    09-13-2011 11:25 AM
    This doesn't happen on Hotspots/aircards, so how can it be the network?

Perhaps all the phones are using the same 4G radio and there's a massive issue when switching 3G/4G ?

who knows.. all I know is I dont see this disconnection on aircards/hotspots standing in the same spot as my phone.
    Actually most the 4g phones have different radios, especially the bionic, it has a new radio developed by moto and the bionic is the first to use it. I have no idea what the issue is but I have a feeling an ota could possibly fix it.
    09-13-2011 11:26 AM
    Yup, I'm having the same problem. The 4g connection drops and reconnects while in the same spot. The trick toggling the airplane mode worked. Thanks. Does anyone one how to set up windows 7 to work with the dlna on the bionic?
    09-19-2011 04:17 AM
    it's not just us, found this thread over in the charge forums at phandroid. Support Data not working ... at all - Android Forums
    09-19-2011 05:27 AM
    Last time my 4G connection stopped working, I tried to shutdown and restart the phone, and it froze while shutting down. Only a battery pull fixed the freeze.

I have done about one battery pull per day to restore from a freeze, and I barely have 5 apps installed.
    09-19-2011 08:56 AM
    I had to do a reboot this morning to get my data connection back. It showed 4G and full signal in white though. Tried airplane mode and it wouldn't kill the 4G logo. Had to reboot to make it happy. Definitely a few bugs hiding out on this phone and data behavior.
    09-19-2011 09:16 AM
    I lost all 3G/4G connection yesterday and today until about 10 am.

Even when changing the network type to CDMA only, I barely had any 3G service. Annoying definitely!!
    09-19-2011 11:00 AM
    It looks like the problem on my Bionic is 3G connection. Data works fine in areas with 4G coverage. In other areas (including my home) or when I switch network type to CDMA only, there is no internet. Not just dropouts - it's consistently off. This was not the case when I first got the phone. 3G used to work fine when 4G was not available.
    09-19-2011 12:25 PM
    So yesterday, at my office desk, I had 4-5 bars of 3G. Today I have 0 and a healthy dose of 1X.
    Did a battery pull just now, and now im back up to 4-5 bars. Sounds like a device issue not network.

I'm in a great LTE area, but I never got 4G in this building (i thought i would too since the 700mzh spectrum is supposedly better at penetration), but I'm glad I'm at least getting a nice 3G conneciton when my last phone got absolutely nada. It's pretty funny though, the minute I walk outside and switch LTE back on, BAM, 4 bars of LTE.
    09-19-2011 12:37 PM
    This happens to me as well, occasionally. Getting a bit tired of all the little bugs. Its almost as if Android is on big beta...
    09-19-2011 02:48 PM
    good to hear im not the only one. only had the phone for 4 days and was starting to get pissed. i live in a crappy reception area anyway (but if I go outside and walk half a block i get four bars), but having the connection constantly go in and out is crazy. my wife just got a thunderbolt as well and watching them side by side, they basically do the same thing.
    09-19-2011 04:31 PM
60 123