bionic hardware

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hi,
I recent picked up the bionic..
love the phone..I went from the droid charge..that was nice too though but not nearly as responsive..

im crious.. the cpu and gpu in this bionic.. is it powerful? I know they are not the tegra, but OMAP?

and is there a dedicated gpu? im guessing so..

I guess this phone should be pretty powerful device for some time..

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The processor is a OMAP 4430 dual core at 1GHz. It does have a dedicated GPU, the PowerVR SGX540. The OMAP 4 platform is probably one of the fastest dual core chips and is also going to be the reference chip for ICS and the new Nexus.

Reactions: moosc

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
so motorola put their best foot forward with this one didnt they?
so could this 1 ghz omap be as fast as some of the 1.5 ghz out there or coming out?

I know clock speed isnt everything I would assuming the added ram will make a trememdous difference

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
so motorola put their best foot forward with this one didnt they?
so could this 1 ghz omap be as fast as some of the 1.5 ghz out there or coming out?

I know clock speed isnt everything I would assuming the added ram will make a trememdous difference

Supposedly the Nexus Prime is supposed to have an OMAP4460 which runs at 1.5GHz. Essentially its the same chip as in the Bionic, just overclocked. I'm sure soon enough we'll be able to overclock the Bionic to the same speeds, so keeping up with the newer phones shouldn't be an issue.

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I was playing with the bionic and the new torch.despite being faster ghz wise, the bionic was overall much faster..

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This phone is fast with the stock software, imagine a vanilla version of Android or CM7 on this and then see how fast it will be!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87