All Facebook contacts missing?

robind21283

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My facebook contacts are not appearing on the Droid Bionic at all. I added my facebook account last night and have the facebook app installed. I know sometimes it takes awhile to sync the contacts, but alas, there are still no facebook contacts this morning. I tried deleting the account and re-adding it but I still have nothing. I also tried pulling the battery (which is a PITA!!!)

Any suggestions?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
When viewing your contacts list hit Menu -> Display Options. Scroll down to your facebook and hit that, make sure its set to display them. At the top of the same menu also see if "Only contacts with phone numbers" is checked, you want it UNchecked if you want all your facebook friends to show up. It does take a little while to populate all your facebook contacts but shouldn't take THAT long. Hope this helps.

Also what I did that you may choose to do, after following the above steps I went through all my contacts for those whose numbers I had, hit Edit Contact and Join, then link them to their facebook contact entry. That way you have no duplicates. After that I re-checked "Only contacts with phone numbers" and now I have a much simpler contact list.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have tried that on my wife's. The contacts are not being synced to the phone. It is very odd.

If anyone has other solutions I would love to hear them. I dont think she wants friendstream.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

robind21283

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
All of my settings are correct to display them - nothing from facebook is showing up at all in any of the social networking widgets either. :/

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You don't need friendstream. The method I outlined above worked perfectly on my bionic. Don't know why its not working for you but I would assume you probably just have some obscure setting that isn't set correctly. Mess around with it a bit and maybe you'll be able to figure it out?

robind21283

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried everything I can think of - when I get home tonight I'm going to go un-authorize my old Droid X (where they syncing was working just fine) and maybe try a factory reset before I get to crazy into setting up the new Bionic...argh

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried everything I can think of - when I get home tonight I'm going to go un-authorize my old Droid X (where they syncing was working just fine) and maybe try a factory reset before I get to crazy into setting up the new Bionic...argh

You are not the only one. There lots of threads on it with no solutions that I have found.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I wish that that provided me with some relief that Motorola will try to get it fixed soon, but alas, I know better than to get my hopes up.

It's odd too that there isn't an option to link them via the official app like on the thunderbolt. A lot of folks would rather have that over blur.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Considering it works flawlessly on mine and most other people's, perhaps you both should just try a factory reset. Something may just be screwed up in your settings or something you did early on. Maybe try wiping the apps' in question's cache's and data first, then do a factory reset if that doesn't work.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Considering it works flawlessly on mine and most other people's, perhaps you both should just try a factory reset. Something may just be screwed up in your settings or something you did early on. Maybe try wiping the apps' in question's cache's and data first, then do a factory reset if that doesn't work.

The app is blur (LOL). Is doing a factoy reset going to wipe all data on this phone or does it just reset settings?

Last edited:

Vato805

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You are not the only one. There lots of threads on it with no solutions that I have found.

i love my bionic but this is a weakbess i HATE i hope they update it in an update soon

i set mine up and it wouldnt sink after 2 days of waiting i got upset did a factory reset and still nothing, so i just took the phone

-removed my facebook account from blur.
-restarted the phone
-installed my account again thru blur
-LEFT the device alone for an hour

the only thing i did that was diffrent was leave the fone alone for an hour no playing with it
and it worked just to be sure i turned background data on

robind21283

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

the only thing i did that was diffrent was leave the fone alone for an hour no playing with it

I may need handcuffs to leave my phone alone! Haha - I'll try that again tonight and make sure that the data saver is off too...

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
i love my bionic but this is a weakbess i HATE i hope they update it in an update soon

i set mine up and it wouldnt sink after 2 days of waiting i got upset did a factory reset and still nothing, so i just took the phone

-removed my facebook account from blur.
-restarted the phone
-installed my account again thru blur

Will do. Thanks. This phone is suhweet but finicky.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Again... I don't *think* its on moto to update anything because this seems to be a problem that only you guys, or a handfull of people are having, and its probably due to something you haven't set correctly, if I had to guess. It could very well be a glitch with your units, but it doesn't sound like that, however if it was you would need to exchange for new units. Given that most people are not having this problem at all I wouldn't hold my breath for an update to fix it, since it seems like nothing is broken.

robind21283

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I would hope it is just a setting - I wish they would add a manual sync button. If I can't get it to sync tonight leaving the phone on my wifi network I'll try swapping it out...and setting everything up...again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch