Bionic to Nexus?

DatkidPudge

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Any Bionic users considering jumping over?

Why or why not.

Just curious, seems like the hype of the Nexus is building up like crazy..
Pure google, HD screen, better battery.. Those are tempting reasons to jump.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Indeed I jumped from the Bionic. Pure Google is so minimal and simple. You will love it. You will loose allot of what the Bionic can do, but other than that, a nexus carrier wide? Should make for fun time around here. Will I jump from my super phone? no, but I would if I had the Bionic. Owned two, and that was enough for me.....LTE radio issues, and data connectivity were why I jumped. I know those bugs WILL be worked out, Motorola is good at that.

For those that are staying with the Bionic, I don't blame you. Talk about a bright screen in the outdoors, Talk about a superior speaker and sound. Some things the Bionic will still do Better.

Last edited:

DatkidPudge

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Indeed I jumped from the Bionic. Pure Google is so minimal and simple. You will love it. You will loose allot of what the Bionic can do, but other than that, a nexus carrier wide? Should make for fun time around here. Will I jump from my super phone? no, but I would if I had the Bionic. Owned two, and that was enough for me.....LTE radio issues, and data connectivity were why I jumped. I know those bugs WILL be worked out, Motorola is good at that.

For those that are staying with the Bionic, I don't blame you. Talk about a bright screen in the outdoors, Talk about a superior speaker and sound. Some things the Bionic will still do Better.

What do you have?

Yea my first bionic, had data connectivity issues.. but my second one isnt bad. maybe the occasional hiccup but its been alot better.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
What do you have?

Yea my first bionic, had data connectivity issues.. but my second one isn't bad. maybe the occasional hiccup but its been alot better.

I went with the Galaxy S II. I really struggled with deciding between that and the Bionic. My first Bionic was actually good with the radio, it was when I went back for another one (unsure of switching carriers) it had connection problems that couldn't be resolved and Verizon conceded. What I miss about the Bionic is the Pentile screen (crazy huh!) That screen would beam like a light house in the sun. The sound from that speaker was so GOOD. The headphones had zero noise, sounding great, the camera performed better that the reviews I read. I thought the UI was nice too.

There is no "best" phone is there? I know when the boys get the prime you can bet they will be up in here with their excitement, but that is a ways off still. I just got tired of waiting you know.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I might jump ship. I love the Bionic. However, I always wanted a Nexus device on Verizon and this might be the chance to do it.

DatkidPudge

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Galaxy S II. I really struggled with deciding between that and the Bionic. My first Bionic was actually good with the radio, it was when I went back for another one (unsure of switching carriers) it had connection problems that couldn't be resolved and Verizon conceded. What I miss about the Bionic is the Pentile screen (crazy huh!) That screen would beam like a light house in the sun. The sound from that speaker was so GOOD. The headphones had zero noise, sounding great, the camera performed better that the reviews I read. I thought the UI was nice too.

There is no "best" phone is there? I know when the boys get the prime you can bet they will be up in here with their excitement, but that is a ways off still. I just got tired of waiting you know.

Ah nice I got you.. Yeaa its a solid phone.. I heard the gsII is solid as hell too..
But a nexus on Verizon? That might be interesting..

Lets see when this bad boy will be released tho.. And see how he behaves..

We shall see

DatkidPudge

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Would you guys just straight out buy it without a contract or?
I might go to Costco and exchange my Nexus if thats the case.

Bionic is def a good phone tho I love it more every day.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
The Nexus is very tempting, but I will probably stick with my Bionic.

After the first round of bug fixes this thing will go from good to great.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Returned the Bionic after multiple reboots and the hissssss in the headphone jack. So I now have an available upgrade and will likely look at the Nexus coming out in Oct. I did love the Bionic for everything else (had no probs with battery life and really liked the screen too) but I had to take it back when it kept rebooting in the middle of the night on my nightstand and vibrating continuously until DH or I got up to pull the battery out. :eek:

BTW, I head the Nexus Prime will only have 1 button, like the iPhone? I don't think I am too crazy about that....

Having more restful nights now on my Droid X, until my next upgrade anyway...

Katherine

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Well i have no problem with my Bionic...and i actually love it!!! But I have a low level of concentration when it comes to phones.....whenever the latest and greatest comes out.......i have to get it.....call it impulse buyer! hahahaha!

but i did have the nexus one (day one) when it came to tmo (had to open a new account since i was with att), then i ended up buying the att version (again day one) when it was released cause i hated tmo service here. and loved the phone. I really like the nexus line....but i did skip out on the nexus s since it didnt come out for verizon (and i wouldnt want to open up an account on any opther carrier) so with the prime coming out.....you bet that one will be a day one purchase for me as well!!! i just cant commit!!!!

DatkidPudge

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well i have no problem with my Bionic...and i actually love it!!! But I have a low level of concentration when it comes to phones.....whenever the latest and greatest comes out.......i have to get it.....call it impulse buyer! hahahaha!

You going to sell your Bionic or just flat out buy the nexus?

but i did have the nexus one (day one) when it came to tmo (had to open a new account since i was with att), then i ended up buying the att version (again day one) when it was released cause i hated tmo service here. and loved the phone. I really like the nexus line....but i did skip out on the nexus s since it didnt come out for verizon (and i wouldnt want to open up an account on any opther carrier) so with the prime coming out.....you bet that one will be a day one purchase for me as well!!! i just cant commit!!!!

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I will probably switch from the Bionic to the Prime when it comes out. The only thing I'm going to test is the screen brightness to see if it can match the daytime viewing of the Prime.

I golf a lot and use my phone to keep score, and it can be very tough to see the screen in those conditions, but with the Bionic it's been great.

Brandon

LNJKD

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll grab the nexus that comes out after my contract is up. I don't see a point in shelling out hundreds of dollars on a new phone after shelling out hundreds of dollars on my phone that I've had for about a month.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
That's what ebay & craigslist are for :)

Craigs list is a PITA now. Its very possible to sell your device but there are sooooo many a$s hats out there that try and rip you off.

I'm currently trying to sell my DroidX and I would say for every real person interested in buying, I would get 3 scammers wanting me to ship the phone after we do a PayPal thing and ship the phone over seas, etc.... Bunch of BS.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So far, I have one very minor complaint about the Bionic... The headphone hiss is only noticeable in between songs. Other than that, I'm very happy with my purchase.

As for jumping ship, my wife has an upgrade in May. I'll wait to see what's out there at that time. (Maybe quad-core?!)

Sent from my Droid Bionic

trainplane3

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm definetly jumping ship. The issues this phone has is insane. I still wonder if Motorola actually tested this thing. How much would a Bionic with the standard, car, and battery docks get?

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking ~$400 or more. I would start checking ebay to see if they have any current listings now.

I don't have any issues with my Bionic, but the idea of a Nexus phone is simply too good to pass up.

Brandon

Reactions: oxymoron