Bionic pulled from shelves due to not reaching fulfillment

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...nic-pulled-shelves-temporarily-due-stock.html

Umm... yea, link describes it all

6b0420cb-f114-37e2.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bionics pulled from shelves due to being unsellable???

Update: This is due to fulfillment issues not for any other reason. Motorola cant keep up with amount of orders that are coming in! Now of course this is only information provided by our local VZW Management. Again we are not starting rumors just relaying information provided

How about we read everything and wait for full information before making posts with scary titles eh?

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Update: This is due to fulfillment issues not for any other reason. Motorola cant keep up with amount of orders that are coming in! Now of course this is only information provided by our local VZW Management. Again we are not starting rumors just relaying information provided

How about we read everything and wait for full information before making posts with scary titles eh?

Oops! Guess I posted before the update! Sorry! Will change topic

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bionics pulled from shelves due to being unsellable???

the guy at costco (san jose) said they sold out immediately on day one, and also when they got new shipments. they had just a couple when I got one for my wife, a couple weeks ago.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
but...how can they sell out? nobody wants one! I mean, i mean...nexus and...and...prime...and...and bugs. And Ooh yeah, the Vigor. Pentile? Pentile!!? And...but...but...pwned by Razr! Nobody wants an old Bionic...I don't get it...

I really, really need that sarcasm smiley

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
My guess would be supply constraints are due to ramping up production of the RAZR and winding down Bionic production because it will probably get an early EOL from Moto. Why would they pour money into producing the Bionic when they are coming out with a new flagship device after a month and a half. Please note this is just my guess and nothing more.

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Playing devil's advocate here, but fulfillment issues may also be a result of an unexpectedly high return rate which is leading to a depletion of in-stock phones.

Just sayin'....

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Playing devil's advocate here, but fulfillment issues may also be a result of an unexpectedly high return rate which is leading to a depletion of in-stock phones.

Just sayin'....

yep...any explanation other than a successful ad campaign that makes people want a great phone.

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Or to artificially slow down the sales to make way for the better, more expensive phone coming out soon.

I don't think so. They'd probably want to make as many sales as they can from a device that's already obsolete. Squeeze out as much sales while they still can.

beermanmike

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Why not? The indirectly make money when a person is off contract with a old phone. Why not artificially slow production, keep those out shopping for a new phone off contract for a couple more weeks to sell them a phone for $50 more than what you could of sold them, i believe the Bionic and RAZR are both being sold in the same financial quarter. You can already see as they are releasing the RAZR they don't care about the customer or their loyalty, it is a company after all and they like profit.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I was told you can accomplish it by surrounding your words with ~ ~ those things. Like...
~My phone isn't the newest phone anymore?!? Moto and VZW are the devil!!~

Lol.....good stuff.

God so tired of the moto bashing today. Read enough "waaaah Motorola lied to me! My bionic is obsolete now!" Posts.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Y'all are too too much. The Bionic is a great device and is absolutely NOT obsolete. The RAZR (man, memories, I had one of the original RAZRs back in the day) is a different device. Different form factor, will appeal to different people. Motorola runs their business like a... business. They are going to push out as many new devices as quickly as possible. Why? To make as much money as quickly as possible. That's IT. End of story. No company is going to tell you "I've got this great product coming to the market, but you should probably wait until xx/xx/xxxx when our even better, newer product is coming out."

Think people, please, think, before you post gibberish like this.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I want to see solid confirmation on why they are pulling phones. Even if they are out of stock, I wouldn't call it unsellable. I heard radio shack also pulled the phone. I figured that third party retail gets the phones on consignment to sell. Or they purchased the phone from vzw out right. For example propane cylinders are usually sold to retailers at one price and they resell at their own price. Bigger accounts get the cylinders on consignment meaning they don't pay for the cylindet until it's sold to the public. I find it hard to believe vzw would just pull product back due to their own lack of inventory unless there's a real issue with the phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana