Purple blinking light but no notifications

btown1056

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I get the green blinking light when I have a text or missed call or whatever but for the last few days I have been getting a weird sound and then a purple blinking light. It blinks purple until I turn the phone on and then it goes away. It shows I have no notifications and I checked the settings and my bluetooth is off and nothing new is on. I have also completely powered the phone off and back on too. Anyone have any ideas on what this purple blinking light might be.

btown1056

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok I didn't know I had the messenger on here but I did add yahoo to my accounts so it probably just installed with it. I will turn the messenger off and see if that works, thank you.

btown1056

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I went into my phone and my Yahoo Messenger was not installed so it wasn't that. I went ahead and deleted my Yahoo Mail thinking maybe it was causing the purple blinking when I got mail although I had the notifications for that turned off so I'll see if that works.

MrCherrio

May 23, 2012
Visit site
It was Yahoo Mail, even with notifications off.

I did a test, sent myself an email, purple light starts blinking. Ready the email, purple light eventually goes off (I read and sent it from my comp and just left my phone sitting there, didn't touch it at all).

This was on my Droid 4 but I also had the mysterious blinking purple light on my old Droid X before I replaced it just last month. I suspect it was the same problem. So it probably happens to all (or most) Android phones with Yahoo Mail installed.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Green colored lights are usually the Main functions of the phone talking to you, except for red which is saved for battery low notification...

All other light colors are all application based notifications. Like you said with Yahoo! mail, it's something non-primary phone based. The notifications don't always show up in your notification panel either. You just have SOME program that wants to talk to you some how.

I realize the situation has solved, but if someone in the future has questions about this, there is a little more detailed answer.

hardychant

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, a message is trying to tell you something - thank you! That helped me tremendously. Yahoo - ? , I have no connection to Yahoo, so after going back & looking at this. Humm, There were no new messages on my apps, I read all Emails, checked facebook & twitter, etc. What I found was that at the symbols on the top of the screen - suddenly when I touched the top of the screen (at the symbols) a new screen I had never seen before appeared. Correcting the message this screen was displaying resolved my flashing purple light.

KillerHeels_UK

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same purple light on standby on my Galaxy 6 Edge. The notification was from LED blinker pro. Removed notifications from application and it stopped. Hurray!