Ics caused Facebook photos to show...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
...instead of the photo I assigned to the contact. never happened on Gingerbread. the correct photo for the contacts still show under the contact info.

How do I get the phone app to show the proper photo during a phone call. I don't want to see someones random Facebook photo currently assigned their account
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing with Skype photos. I edited a contact with info both locally on the phone and via Skype, applied a picture to the local profile and saved, and it's now the local image that shows up in the list.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
dang, and I even deleted my own FB account from my phone in hopes that might break the link but it didn't help. every few hours I find something else I don't like about ICS. there's very little in the update that I think is worth the PITA crap that they stuck in it. but I digress. :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
not clear as to what you find so great in ICS with regards to multitasking. please explain. i'm not a geek. I just want a phone that works, so explain in simple terms, please.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Being able to take a phone call while using the browser, keep talking while pulling the browser back up, open a new page to search for something, pull the calendar back up to where it was when I left it to add an appointment, verify the details with the caller, return to the browser (which has continued to load the page I had requested, so it's now done), share that information with the caller, take a picture or screen shot of what I'm talking about and send it to the caller via text message ... that kind of thing.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
so the difference between GB and ICS is that the page loaded in the background? I already have been doing the other things you mentioned, on GB..calendar, browser, during the call. basically I don't go back to the phone app, usually, once I've opened the browser or calendar.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Finding all of that stuff in the Apps drawer or an app group shortcut, then starting it from scratch, is a lot more time-, mind- and cpu-consuming than just grabbing something that's already running from the list of currently-running apps. I'm still not as excited about Android's desire to manage that sort of thing for me (by adding to the multitasking list on its own) as I was about WebOS' very explicit card-style display of everything that was going on, but it's a step in the right direction.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile, back to the Facebook picture issue, it's odd that dropping Facebook sync didn't make the Facebook pictures go away. Dropping Skype sync had the expected effect for me. Then again, Facebook has a tendency to take over the world on anything that it touches, so it may be specific to that service provider.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i had hoped getting rid of FB would stop it. there's no way to delete the FB info in the People app, that I can find. it's maddening. so little control over what shows up for my contacts. maybe I'm still missing some key option...at least that's my hope.

I hope I made it clear that my assigned images, for my contacts, still show up in People. The issue is that when I am on a phone call, the image is from their FB account, rather than the image I chose for them, which always worked fine on GB. So right off the bat, I never know what to expect, as people change their FB image. I wish they'd pick a photo and just leave it! :)