starting to cave in towards the thunderbolt

jayblazer

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I keep looking at it and I think its an awesome looking phone with lots and lots of goodies. I love motorola. I have had nothing else since the original razr.. wow that was a good phone.. anyways guys help keep me strong.. I hear so much good stuff about the HTC sense and nothing good about blur.. but I really am kind of a fan boy.. I'm typing this on my xoom.. and then there's the whole data plan thing I just dont know what to do..

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Just wait it out. I almost went for the Thunderbolt too, but the wait will be worth it. The newest Blur to be featured on the Bionic is much improved and worth giving a shot given the hardware it has.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just won the Thunderbolt and am giving it to the wife (in all fairness she will like the Bolt). I am waiting for the Bionic as well brother. I feel that it is a better device for what I want to do with it. Let the TB news die down and in a few days everyone's focus will hopefully switch to the Bionic.

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I was about to jump ship from at&t for the thunderbolt but decided to wait for the Bionic. I have played around with my friends atrix to get a feel of the dual core processor and a look at the qHD screen and from that experience i know the bionic will be an awesome phone!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, do not jump ship to the thunderbolt. They are having a lot of battery problems with that phone. No one wants a phone that they have to put on the charger after 3 hours of use. We know what we want in this forum and it is the BIONIC!!!!

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
stay-on-target.gif

Stay on target!!!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You're seriously considering getting the TB? Why would you want a phone that runs for 4 to 7 hours before dying and doesn't even have a duel processor? That's madness! Just wait it out. Every TB owner is going to be regretting their purchase in a month or 2 when the Bionic hits the street and Verizon drops promoting the TB. Like the Droid X, the Bionic will be able to stay at the top of the performance heap for about a year.

As to Moto blur, it's not an issue. If you like it, use it, if you don't like it, install LP or ADW and it's gone...no rooting required.

kidvid

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
All I can add is what I went through with the Thunderbolt.

My last phone was an OG droid and overall, I was very happy with it. After a really awful Best Buy Geek Squad "Black Tie" repair experience, I received credit for a new phone and decided to wait a bit for the Thunderbolt to come out.

The build quality is great -- it just feels right in your hand. The screen is nice and the Sense interface is rock solid. The problem was the battery. I'm a moderate to heavy user, depending on the day, and that little tiny batter barely cut it. It wasn't even the network access that was using up the juice - just the display itself.

Given that my OG droid had a 3.7" screen, 256 megs of ram, and a 550 megahertz processor, the 1300ish mah battery it came with was sufficient for the task of getting me through the day. Fast forward to the Thunderbolt - twice the processor speed, 3X the ram, a much bigger screen and a more power hungry 4g radio to boot and the battery is not even 10% bigger than the OG droid's battery? That looks like a major design flaw to me, so I took it back to Best Buy for a refund and I'm waiting on the Bionic.

Take a look at the Atrix - they fit a really big 1900ish battery in that thing and it's a smaller phone than the Thunderbolt. Why HTC made the decision they did and decided to put a last-gen battery in a next-gen phone doesn't seem wise.

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
dual core is for processor geeks. no offense but the thunderbolt is way snappier then any moto phone i have used including the DUAL CORE atrix.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
dual core is for processor geeks. no offense but the thunderbolt is way snappier then any moto phone i have used including the DUAL CORE atrix.

How about we decide which phone is "snappier" AFTER the Bionic hits the streets. Right now it's conjecture as to which phone will suit a particular person better. I think that the TB is plenty snappy. Having said that, I'm waiting for the Bionic. Higher res screen and some other goodies.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I keep looking at it and I think its an awesome looking phone with lots and lots of goodies. I love motorola. I have had nothing else since the original razr.. wow that was a good phone.. anyways guys help keep me strong.. I hear so much good stuff about the HTC sense and nothing good about blur.. but I really am kind of a fan boy.. I'm typing this on my xoom.. and then there's the whole data plan thing I just dont know what to do..

To the op
I can say that as a xoom and TB owner the two together are fantastic. Seido has a 1700 ish battery that should help a bunch. it comes down to how long you are willing to wait for the next Lte release. This is my first HTC and so far its very smooth and snappy. You have to get used to a few things coming from the Dx. If the bionic comes out in June or July the wait may be too long.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Went to verizon today to see how much of a discount my two employers give me. They had 2 thunderbolts, one was stuck on 1x and the other kept dropping 4G to no data. It wasnt staying connected to 4G long enough to run a speed test (not looking good). I'm going to wait until the stealth and bionic come out and compare how good the software is running the day it comes out. The thunderbolt didn't impress me (and the battery life makes me cringe).

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

I'm sure the TB is fast, but having to charge 2 or 3 times a day to use the phone makes for an unacceptable device. That's like buying a car that you have to fill up twice a day. As to speed comparisons, I'm confident the Bionic will blow the TB away...after all, it's the BIONIC...does anyone remember how much faster and stronger the 6 million dollar (bionic) man was?

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
OP is a xoom user and thinking about how fast his xoom will zoom :) -- TB makes perfect sense if you need the data solution (12 + UP) NOW. If not sure you can wait -- waiting always produces more waiting and releases.

LTE experience has been opposite of the poster above for my use -- In many areas where I have terrible CELL signal (3G etc...) LTE works AMAZING. I literally went from not being able to surf the net at all over 3G from MIFI and Droid X to getting 5 UP and 1.5 Down. Move to an area that has good coverage and I'm in the 14 to 20 down.

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
You can get the same life from the tb that the bionic will have. Just get the seidio batt and wait for some custom kernels.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ulmerj79

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
TB or Bionic

For me, either of these phones is a huge leap forward from my Bb Tour. One thing I enjoy about my bb though is that being nearly two years old, it still holds a charge most of the day with frequent use. The Tbolt has the same size battery as my phone yet it has a massively larger screen and LTE. Not sure what HTC was thinking when they picked such a small battery. Do they own stock in Seidio?

I've been debating between these two phones since they were announced. I've used the Dinc as well as a D2, so I have a feel for the different approaches to Android. I prefer the Sense UI to Moto's Blur, but not enough to make sure im near an electrical outlet every 3-4 hours. It seems a mobile phone that has a poor battery isn't very mobile.

I also think that while the Tbolt may seem as fast now as the Bionic may be, I would wait and see how they fare once the OS is optimized to take full advantage of the Bionic's hardware.

I think unless something drastic happens to change my mind, im now going for the Bionic.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, the Bionic scored higher than the Thunderbolt on Quadrant. A CES, the Bionic scored around 2200 while the Thunderbolt was around 1800 (and seems to still be around that number after release). The Atrix was a little higher than the Bionic from what I recall.

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Sense launcher and widgets aren't so great. It's like fischer price or something. Launcher pro or go launcher are both much better. Don't let that sway you towards the tb. I have a tb and used sense all of one day and decided I don't care about a windshield wiper animation enough to give up customization and battery life.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress