[12-4-11][ROM][EP4D] InfinityROM

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sweet. I have this installed. But Im trying to do everything to replace that Samsung Galaxy S2 boot animation and I cant for the life of me!

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Was thinking about updating to this but I hear there are a lot of issues with it, and there's nothing really wrong with the rom I have now. So I guess if it ain't broke.

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
the battery isnt that great, stock is better but its nice and blue. rather than the brown and orange. even the over scroll thats orange on stock is a a light blue.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Was thinking about updating to this but I hear there are a lot of issues with it, and there's nothing really wrong with the rom I have now. So I guess if it ain't broke.

I couldnt get the infinity to load, seems after Gb OTA the CWM is blue one and when i tried to load the infinity it shows the triangle with a droid standin in frt .. so i took that as bad news and pulled the bat and rebooted everything is fine and as one said "If It Aint Broke~~~ Dont Fix It....
i love my Droid Charge so much so that i dont think i'd swap even for a Nexus....

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I havent really had problems with Infinity. Its quick and pretty and looks better with the ICS theme installed :)

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
where did you get the ICS theme :0 i have the minimalinfinity and it seems very Nexus-ie

* never mind i think i found the one you have on rootzwiki. ill test drive it for a bit to see how i like it.

Last edited:

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Sweet. I have this installed. But Im trying to do everything to replace that Samsung Galaxy S2 boot animation and I cant for the life of me!

You need to have a kernel that supports custom boot animations. I'm pretty sure imnuts has one packaged in the infinity rom.

Just get ahold of one of the many bootanimation.zip files and move it to system/media and you should be good to go.

Check out the stickies in the fascinate root/rom section. They have tons there.

meyer

May 31, 2010
Visit site
You need to have a kernel that supports custom boot animations. I'm pretty sure imnuts has one packaged in the infinity rom.

Just get ahold of one of the many bootanimation.zip files and move it to system/media and you should be good to go.

Check out the stickies in the fascinate root/rom section. They have tons there.

I download some app called Root Tools and it has an option to replace the boot animation. So I choice one and now there is no animation. It's just "android" while it boots. Is that why I can't see it because I don't have a kernel that supports it?

meyer

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just read a whole bunch of stuff from the Verizon Fascinate stickies and I'm so lost. So I need CWM on my phone and then can install a boot animation? Or do I have to use ODIN?

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I havent really had problems with Infinity. Its quick and pretty and looks better with the ICS theme installed :)

i have had a couple robs with the infinity. the irratating thing is Google,, i have let google back everything up as i went about my adding apps etc and piddle with them but if i tried to add anything to infinity it went nuts and nothing would reload even if i had the box checked to back up apps thru Google..
on my last mishap i got pissed and unchecked google backup etc.. i found i also have better Bat. life since i dont have anything running to sync apps etc.. one real pain in the butt... and i did some soul searching and decided that Google lucked out with these android cell phones,,

if not for some poor jerk that had a emachine with linix probably gave or sold google on the idea of a mini cpu with a phone useing a google OS. oportunity knocked and google made the jump.. google was just a fair search engine and now its on top of the world, i sure wish i had bought stock in google when it was a fledgling 2nd class search engine..

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I couldnt get the infinity to load, seems after Gb OTA the CWM is blue one and when i tried to load the infinity it shows the triangle with a droid standin in frt .. so i took that as bad news and pulled the bat and rebooted everything is fine and as one said "If It Aint Broke~~~ Dont Fix It....
i love my Droid Charge so much so that i dont think i'd swap even for a Nexus....

this is a complete retraction of what i first said. i was going into the original guts and not the new CWM
once in the new CWM everything worked well...

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I know items were removed from this, but I lost my visual voice mail and back-up assistant. Any way to get these back without dumping the rom. I like this one and would like to stick with it.