[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I rooted back to EE1, let the EE2 OTA update, installed the EE4 file, and reinstalled AB 4.1.1. Seems to be working just fine, other then the bars not showing 5 with the new update (probably an easy fix in AB).

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I rooted back to EE1, let the EE2 OTA update, installed the EE4 file, and reinstalled AB 4.1.1. Seems to be working just fine, other then the bars not showing 5 with the new update (probably an easy fix in AB).

Hmmmm, scratch that, after reinstalling AB, although the Broadband says I am on EE4, none of the new features work (Mobile Hotspot, one click call from call log).

galvo

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Which clock and theme is that? sweet icons

- Weather and Toggle Widgets with the Digital Clock skin.
- Blue Neon Theme for Go Launcher Ex
- Wallpaper found in HD Wallpaper application\

Droidxcon:

Lagfix is definitely enabled. I guess I'll wipe the cache partition, wipe data/factory reset and reinstall the kernel and ROM. Figured EE4 was an update, but what does it update exactly?

I thought the wipe data/factory reset wasn't working.. Did I just get lucky the first time? Should I not try it again?

EDIT: My Cell Standby percentage has gone up noticeably.

EDIT2: Just wiped data/factory reset and wiped cache partition again. Installed PBJT's kernel then the AB v4.1.1 ROM successfully. Rebooted phone and didn't hear the British lady again. It booted to the home screen after a couple of minutes and the Setup Wizard FC'd and I had to pull the battery. Now my phone is stuck on the boot animation and I am not hearing any british Voodoo lady.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For now I am on ED2 and have EE4 on my sdcard, but I can happily wait for DroidXcon's update tonight before going forward. I want to give him time to incorporate the features into his ROM.

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site
By doing a Titanium restore, don't you think whatever was possible causing a battery issue would just come back from your Titanium backup?

You know, that did occur to me... I ended up downloading most of the apps from the market, but restored a few via Titanium that didn't come back by themselves. I think I have too many moving pieces to make a qualified judgement... I'll try again after I get back in town on Monday.

So far today I've been off charger for 3 hours, have done a few minutes of web surfing (3G), a few short calls and a few texts. Sitting at 88%

Edit: Since I'm in a 3G only area, I should probably just switch to CDMA only mode, yes? Although I'm not complaining about battery problems, this would only help I should think.

Last edited:

galvo

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Weird. Mine is only the blue bar when on charger. Its the wheel on battery right now...

It'll bounce back and forth randomly. I haven't been able to find any consitency.

Copying this over from XDA as I need help, fast:

Just wiped data/factory reset and wiped cache partition again. Installed PBJT's kernel then the AB v4.1.1 ROM successfully. Rebooted phone and didn't hear the British lady again. It booted to the home screen after a couple of minutes and the Setup Wizard FC'd and I had to pull the battery. Now my phone is stuck on the boot animation and I am not hearing any british Voodoo lady. (boot animation is not going nuts like it does on the custom kernels, but I think I remember it going nuts the first time it booted up after reinstalling the kernel and AB v4.1.1

EDIT3: Ok, so I'm kinda F'd at the moment. I tried wiping the data/factory reset and wiped the cache partition then reinstalled the kernel and AB again and the same thing happened. After installing the kernel and ROM, I pulled the battery to reboot. The phone booted up showing the Samsung logo followed by the tweaked out boot animation. I DID NOT hear the british lady's voice. The phone eventually booted to the home screen (like it did in the first EDIT) but the Setup Wizard FC'd again. I couldn't do anything with the device. The Home button does nothing. However, the notification bar is there and the rest of the screen is black. I received a text message and was able to open it up through the notification bar. SMS app opened fine and I was able to respond to the text message. I tried hitting Home again, nothing. If you hold in Home, I can bring up the recent app list.

I pulled the battery and did a reboot. Now my phone is stuck on the boot animation again, and the boot animation is NOT tweaking out. Not only that, but the phone is definitely past the boot animatoin process as I'm able to "unlock" the phone by sliding the invisible slider. I can also slide the Volume slider that is on the lock screen, but I cannot see anything but the boot animation. I'm able to lock the screen and unlock it. What is going on?! If I pull the battery and attempt another reboot, it does the same thing.

If I boot into CWR and wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition then reinstall the kernel and AB rom then Setup Wizard FC's on boot. If I reboot again, then I get stuck at the boot animation. The same thing continues to happen every time I wipe and reinstall through CWR.

I feel like I posted enough information for someone with a brain to be able to figure out what is going on here

Nash Latkje

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
._. I guess the only thing I'm confused about is...

I have AB 4.1.1 installed is is okay to accept the new EE update or is this going to cause my phone to have massive conflicts?

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It'll bounce back and forth randomly. I haven't been able to find any consitency.

Copying this over from XDA as I need help, fast:

Just wiped data/factory reset and wiped cache partition again. Installed PBJT's kernel then the AB v4.1.1 ROM successfully. Rebooted phone and didn't hear the British lady again. It booted to the home screen after a couple of minutes and the Setup Wizard FC'd and I had to pull the battery. Now my phone is stuck on the boot animation and I am not hearing any british Voodoo lady. (boot animation is not going nuts like it does on the custom kernels, but I think I remember it going nuts the first time it booted up after reinstalling the kernel and AB v4.1.1

EDIT3: Ok, so I'm kinda F'd at the moment. I tried wiping the data/factory reset and wiped the cache partition then reinstalled the kernel and AB again and the same thing happened. After installing the kernel and ROM, I pulled the battery to reboot. The phone booted up showing the Samsung logo followed by the tweaked out boot animation. I DID NOT hear the british lady's voice. The phone eventually booted to the home screen (like it did in the first EDIT) but the Setup Wizard FC'd again. I couldn't do anything with the device. The Home button does nothing. However, the notification bar is there and the rest of the screen is black. I received a text message and was able to open it up through the notification bar. SMS app opened fine and I was able to respond to the text message. I tried hitting Home again, nothing. If you hold in Home, I can bring up the recent app list.

I pulled the battery and did a reboot. Now my phone is stuck on the boot animation again, and the boot animation is NOT tweaking out. Not only that, but the phone is definitely past the boot animatoin process as I'm able to "unlock" the phone by sliding the invisible slider. I can also slide the Volume slider that is on the lock screen, but I cannot see anything but the boot animation. I'm able to lock the screen and unlock it. What is going on?! If I pull the battery and attempt another reboot, it does the same thing.

If I boot into CWR and wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition then reinstall the kernel and AB rom then Setup Wizard FC's on boot. If I reboot again, then I get stuck at the boot animation. The same thing continues to happen every time I wipe and reinstall through CWR.

I feel like I posted enough information for someone with a brain to be able to figure out what is going on here

did you disable voodoo lagfix before you did all of this flashing/resetting/etc? that might be the cause of you having all of these problems.

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey xcon, one q: done people are saying to take the update to update the modem. should we do this or will the modem be included in your next update? Looking forward to your update! ;)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

galvo

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
did you disable voodoo lagfix before you did all of this flashing/resetting/etc? that might be the cause of you having all of these problems.

No, I didn't, because it originally worked fine the first time I loaded wiped cache/data/factory reset and installed PBJT/AB v4.1.1 and I didn't disable voodoo then. Weird?

I'll try it now. Wish me luck :'(

EDIT: Just pulled the battery and booted into CWR. Disabled lagfix and the system/lagfix and pulled the battery. Tried booting into CWR but it's showing the Samsung screen and the British lady is talking.. I'm not sure if she's disabling the lagfix or what?

EDIT2: Yeah, it just disbaled lagfix and went back to CWR. I'm going to try wiping and reinstalling PBJT and AB v4.1.1

EDIT3: Crap, it booted up but the Setup Wizard is FC'ing again.

Can I just flash this crap back to stock using Odin? Which stock image should I use? And should I reboot into CWR to disable lagfix again before flashing via Odin?

Last edited:

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
No, I didn't, because it originally worked fine the first time I loaded wiped cache/data/factory reset and installed PBJT/AB v4.1.1 and I didn't disable voodoo then. Weird?

I'll try it now. Wish me luck :'(

yah, maybe try disabling voodoo lagfix

then through ODIN, flash ED2-to-ED1 kernal, to get you back to stock, with no root.

then OTA update to ED2, stock.

then OTA update to EE4 (or manually update it, via update via update.zip)

galvo

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
yah, maybe try disabling voodoo lagfix

then through ODIN, flash ED2-to-ED1 kernal, to get you back to stock, with no root.

then OTA update to ED2, stock.

then OTA update to EE4 (or manually update it, via update via update.zip)

Read my last edit. Setup Wizard is FCing. If I reboot, I'll probably get stuck at the boot animation like I was before. Yes, voodoo was disabled.

Haha, the EE4 update just popped up OTA. What would happen if I installed this?

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
well, if you're stock ED2 with no root, and no voodoo lagfix,

then i don't see why you couldn't update to EE4, since technically you're stock.

or you can wait till droidxcon releases his updated ROM and see how it interacts with EE4.

galvo

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, no luck. I disabled voodoo and booted back into CWR. I then wiped the cache/data/factory reset and installed the PBJT kernel then the AB v4.1.1 ROM.

The same crap happens. The phone boots but the Setup Wizard immediately FC's. I'm able to click Next on the Select Language screen, then it goes to the next step and says that my phone is already activated and is ready for use. At that point, the Setup Wizard FCs and I get nothing but the notification bar and a black screen. I can hold Home to bring up recent apps and go to the Task Manager, but nothing is running. Nothing.

If someone sends me a text message I can pull down the notification bar and open the text message. SMS launches without issues and I can even respond to the text. If I hit Home, I get nothing.

If I reboot, then the phone never boots, it just sits on the damn boot animation. I have a feeling something isn't getting completely wiped. Or maybe I need to redownload the files?

I just want to flash back to ANYTHING using Odin. But now Odin is failing stating that it can't find the PIT partition.

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> Enter CS for MD5..
<ID:0/006> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<ID:0/006> Please wait..
<ID:0/006> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/006> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Removed!!
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
were you able to flash ED2-to-ED1 and get it back to stock? when you did this, were you able to use your phone, with out any problems, and receive the OTA update to ED2?

also, why install PBJT kernel and AB v4.1.1 ROM, when it currently doesn't work with EE4? i'd suggest getting your phone back to stock ED2, and just wait till tonight or tomorrow so you can then flash a voodoo kernel and then a ROM that works with EE4.

galvo

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not on the stock ED2. I was on AB v4.1.1

I haven't been stock since the day I got the phone. I've been running AB since then and have had no issues. Today, I decided to try wiping cache/data/factory reset through CWR and reinstalled the PBJT kernel and AB v4.1.1 rom because my battery life was pretty bad. Other users said wiping and reinstalling helped out their battery life greatly. So, I went and tried that and now I'm stuck in this mess.

Odin isn't successful in flashing anything. I keep getting "no PIT partition"

As for EE4, I don't care for it at this moment, not until it's semi-perfected with custom roms/kernels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress