[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

zeus_r6

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
You need to rever back to ED1 rooted. There's a nice guide on page 99 I quoted that is a nice step by step. I've had some trouble but I think i'm the minority

I was browsing that, but wasn't sure if there was additional steps that had to happen before performing what was quoted.

Heres a screenshot of what the system info shows the way I picked up the handset...

Posted via Tapatalk app for Android & iPhone devices

Last edited:

borumha

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was browsing that, but wasn't sure if there was additional steps that had to happen before performing what was quoted.

Heres a screenshot of what the system info shows the way I picked up the handset...

What's quoted is assuming you have a unrooted stock EE4 Charge

zeus_r6

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
What's quoted is assuming you have a unrooted stock EE4 Charge

Awesome!

As this rom continues to improve through development, is it relatively easy to update to the latest version without losing data?

(sorry on advance if these questions seem way noob)

Last edited:

palap980

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
is it only me, or is flash not able to work on this rom anymore? It says it's installed, but when i tried the desktop version of youtube, it said I needed to update flash and i don't have the right plugin. While I'm asking btw, is there any way to change the dock in ABv5? I really want messages down there instead of the phone icon. thanks in advance to whoever answers these questions.

borumha

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So I am back to having trouble with the OTA update is unrooting my phone. I am seeing the EE1 and EE4 basebands in my settings while i'm running the rooted ED1. I have to be missing something in my proceedure but for the life of me I can't fathom what.

As long as i have EE1 and EE4can I install CWM and put the custom kernal/rom on?

*EDIT*--- Actually think I may know what I am doing wrong... I'm at work and unable to disble the anti-virus. I'm sure what ever process is being done by Odin is being blocked by the anti-virus. So when I down grade to ED1 I'm not doing a full flash, which is why I still have EE1 and EE4 basebands in my rooted ED1 but lose root when i get the OTA. I will have to test this theory at home tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

ffd173

May 23, 2011
Visit site
is it only me, or is flash not able to work on this rom anymore? It says it's installed, but when i tried the desktop version of youtube, it said I needed to update flash and i don't have the right plugin. While I'm asking btw, is there any way to change the dock in ABv5? I really want messages down there instead of the phone icon. thanks in advance to whoever answers these questions.

No. You would have to install a different launcher, like launcher pro. I did because I wanted to do something similar. Its in the market.
As far as flash, mine works. So I'm not sure what to tell you on that other than uninstall it and redownload from market.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

palap980

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
No. You would have to install a different launcher, like launcher pro. I did because I wanted to do something similar. Its in the market.
As far as flash, mine works. So I'm not sure what to tell you on that other than uninstall it and redownload from market.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

First: thanks for the launcher issue i had. second: it won't give me the option to redownload it. I went to it in the android market, and it only had a faded out "open" option that i couldn't choose. Is there some other way to redownload it or what?

ffd173

May 23, 2011
Visit site
First: thanks for the launcher issue i had. second: it won't give me the option to redownload it. I went to it in the android market, and it only had a faded out "open" option that i couldn't choose. Is there some other way to redownload it or what?

Uninstall it. Then click this link and download the flash install apk.
Copy it to your phones sd card and run it.

Good luck!

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
flash was not working for me either, went to the market and installed it and still not working. No option to uninstall either

palap980

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
nevermind again. I updated it to 10.3 and it doesn't work with this rom. Should i just wipe my phone and try it again?

EDIT: That did it. To anyone Having the same problem, go into CWM and wipe your data and cache.

Last edited:

ffd173

May 23, 2011
Visit site
nevermind again. I updated it to 10.3 and it doesn't work with this rom. Should i just wipe my phone and try it again?

EDIT: That did it. To anyone Having the same problem, go into CWM and wipe your data and cache.

Glad you got it working. I didn't ask, but you should have wiped before you loaded up AB v5. :p

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Really?? Mines reads ED1 on both lines. Did I miss something??

My mistake. :p I got it all fixed up now. I just never updated to EE4 beforehand. Actually, I was browsing the site on my Charge and seen you posted ABv5 and that it's to be flashed in CWM. Soon as I saw that I downloaded straight to my Charge over 4G and didn't think twice about updating to EE4 first. lol, I guess I got a little over excited. :-!

MrTruckincowboy#AC

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Huge request. can you map the power button to take photos in the camera App instead off locking user inputs?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
that would be sweet if someone could do that i haven't found anyone that has done the power button for the shutter on camera yet.

by the way love the new update rocking v5

zeus_r6

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
that would be sweet if someone could do that i haven't found anyone that has done the power button for the shutter on camera yet.

by the way love the new update rocking v5

Not sure what it would take to work but the power button to take pics would rock!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress